Gallery

Winter

Could the Events Gallery be extended to host other recent conflicts, such as the Iraq War, Kosovo, Bosnia, Gulf War, Panama, Vietnam, Falklands and many more?

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
Sure... currently it has like wwi, wwii sections but it can be extended. Do you have pictures on those conflicts?

Thanks

ullu

Anyone have pictures on those wars of the modern century? If you do, do not hasitate to upload em!

Winter

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I usually refrain from storing large galleries of images on my computer...Although I do have a few gathered over the months from the Iraq War, from BBC World News, among others...

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
Well, why don't you free up some space on your computer? Zip em up and email them to me at [email protected] OR upload them and provide descriptions as well. Make sure the NAME of the picture matches its description, etc.

Thanks

Winter

I cannot acquire the 'Gulf-Iraq War' listing in the drop-down menu of the Upload Page in the Gallery....

Winter

Right, I'll upload a few per day...;-)

That aside, does anyone notice that, even though at least 5, sometimes three times that, people sign up per day, barely any of them are posting? Over 550 members and yet only about 10 primarily active? Ironically most of the active ones were the first to sign up in April. Granted, a lot will sign up just for the gallery, but still...

Red aRRow

Forum Bouncer
Yeah Winter I've noticed that too. I think most of the people sign up to view some pic in the gallery..then they leave and completely forget about it.

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
Winter, I know what you mean but that shall change with time. And if you look at forums around the net, only 10-50 are active members who run the dat-to-day posts. Others are just here and there few posts a month type of thing. ;)

And cool pics, do upload more. It would be good if those who register for the gallery can upload FEW Pics too? :D

Winter

Is there any way to keep track of how many images we upload and which ones? Not publicly, but rather from say, a personal access screen in the Gallery section or something to that effect...

Winter

That link is perfectly adequate, thx. :frosty

By the way, I think that gallery images are default displayed in the time of the upload? That may perhaps not do justice to images, say, stuck at the rear of the gallery, or an equally quality image that is not viewed otherwise due to being placed next to a marginally more impressive one....What about a page randomiser that doesn't display images already viewed in that gallery or perhaps an order change every few weeks? People can then alter it specifically using the title/filename/date ordering panel if not to their liking...

There also needs to be a way to upload more than one picture at a time, if there isn't one already.

1. There may be one or two images already displayed in another realm of the gallery displayed again in the World Wars gallery unintentionally.

2. As you may know, the Basra RAF Detachment image has been misplaced into the Afghan War gallery instead of the Gulf-Iraq War gallery.

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
Well, the link I gave you displays pictures in order they were UPLOADED. So the newest pics are first and the pics uploaded few months ago are way in the back... either you can go into individual albums and see the pic or click on MOST RATED or MOST VIEWED links to get the approperiate pics.

The random pics generate only displays what it finds from the database. If you happen to see an image on main page of the gallery in random section it may also come up when you click a click and the page refreshs but in different section.

Page randomizer is a good idea, will pass it on to the dev team of the gallery. Thanks

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
We will try to get that.

If anyone who reads this and has inside image of the type 98 MBT, please upload or email us.

Thanks

Kolonel

Hi people

I try to post pictures in Gallery but fail. I already a member by register my nick. Anyone care to help ?? :help