Future Indian Navy

aaaditya

norinco89 said:
ATBMs are still very iffy. The US spent a couple of billions on it too and it was huge failure.

Is the Barak based on pychone 4 tech?
the barak is a completely redesigned missile to be based on the short range barak which the indian navy already uses.

aaaditya

suryaaa said:
atbm you mean anti balastic missile ,then i think with all the tech including
cruise missile tech & advanced redar tech we can see it soon.

we do have the missile tech but what about detection we do need radar tech

do we have any such advanced indigneous tech.
--------
:ar15 :ar15 :ar15
we already have advanced radar technology,the akash missile's rajendra active phased array radar has been productionised and has been acquired by the indian air force.

a version of the rajendra radar known as the 3d-car(3 dimensional central acquisition radar) which is claimed to have a detection range of 180kms and low probability of interception has been selected as the primary fire control radar for the indian navy's new p28 class of stealth corvettes.

india had also acquired the israeli greanpine and swordfish radars for research purposes,these radar's have detection range of upto 500kms.greenpine is the radar used with the israeli arrow anti tactical ballistic missile ,but not much is known about the swordfish.

Last edited:

Big-E

Banned Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
This thread is turning out better then I hoped. . . keep going guys, I'm learning alot about the IN. . . great stuff!

suryaaa

you said that greenpine has a range of 500km & it is used for research,so that means we can soon expect new long range radar.

about swordfish can you give me its range.

:kar :kar :kar

aaaditya

suryaaa said:
you said that greenpine has a range of 500km & it is used for research,so that means we can soon expect new long range radar.

about swordfish can you give me its range.

:kar :kar :kar
no i cant ,all i know about the swordfish is that it is an advanced version of the green pine.

suryaaa

is orion the only a/c in this category ,if not then why navy is not going for bid.

do we have any indigenous project on this. compared to phalcon what will be its specialities ,i know we cant compare phalcon with orion since it is a maritime survilance a/c ,but can you exp the major difference b/w them.

aaaditya

suryaaa said:
is orion the only a/c in this category ,if not then why navy is not going for bid.

do we have any indigenous project on this. compared to phalcon what will be its specialities ,i know we cant compare phalcon with orion since it is a maritime survilance a/c ,but can you exp the major difference b/w them.
indian navy has invited bids,the other participants in this competition are :

boeing-p8mma,lockheed martin-orion,france-atr72 and atlantis,indonesia-cn235m,britisg aerospace-nimrod.

of these boeing and lockheed martin have submitted their proposals,the rest are yet to submit theirs.

rebellious

suryaaa said:
dont be under the impresion that india is going for an arms race they r just replacing their old decomisioned warships ,aircrafts ,tanks with new ,technicaly supirior & effectiv ones.this may not have happened if our policy makers havent take so many time to make a decission.

anydont forget or under estimate chinees navy ,because they had one a/c carieer brought from russia to study ,so they may 1 or 2 aircraft carieer hiding from out side world.

as far as pak is concerned they trying their level best to cope up with us.

:heart :heart :heart :heart
so true. we are replacing those rusty sea harriers with mig29Ks and the aircraft carrier Viraat which is like 40 years old. its basically an upgrade. also we are getting a few subs and one nuclear powered one. and a few frigates and other warships. its a mass upgrade