FC-1/JF-17 NO.04 will finish it's first test-fly in the end of April.

SABRE

Super Moderator
Verified Defense Pro
sorry for posting pic no.2 on my above post. Put it there accidently. This is wat i ment to post.

JF-17 on a picnic with friends. :D:p2

pshamim

Verified Defense Pro
And no trailing smoke from the engine as witnessed when the PT-1 flew. I was told that the problem was taken care of with PT-03 which has been constantly flown by Chinese and Pakistani pilots.

P.A.F

SABRE said:
yup. Specially from frontal position. Side position gives the same old impression.
yep i agree. however, overall once in a paint scheme, this jet will look good in all views;)

P.A.F

cheers webs!!

looks even better in the video. notice how the engine sounds when landing compared to the other prototypes.;)

SABRE

Super Moderator
Verified Defense Pro
ajaybhutani said:
the first image is not JF 17.
no the 1st pic is not JF-17. From the looks of it, it is L-15 (The new Chinese advance jet trainer). It has twin engines while FC-1/JF-17 has single engine.

And the 2nd pic is not of PT-4 !

Last edited:

pshamim

Verified Defense Pro
I think that First official flight will take place next week when ACM Tanvir visit Chengdu. This flight will be far longer than the one that took place on April 29th, We should have more pictures at that time.

SABRE

Super Moderator
Verified Defense Pro
pshamim said:
I think that First official flight will take place next week when ACM Tanvir visit Chengdu. This flight will be far longer than the one that took place on April 29th, We should have more pictures at that time.
Yeah. They said 2nd week of may. 1st week started today. On 29th April it was 16 min flight, good to know inugural flight would be of longer duration. May be they'll put up a proper airshow along with PT-1,2 and 3.

old faithful

The Bunker Group
Verified Defense Pro
first of all, congrats on jf17-04! a fighter born out of nessecity. i think world sanctions have had a positive affect for Pak,s industry....a bit like South Africa. does any one know if China,s production will all go to Pakistan inittally? If so, then withs Pak,s production line pumping out @ 20 per year and CAC,s @ 50 P/A, then you will be boosting your airforce in no time. (cricket fans, what has happened to Shoib Ahktar,is he injured,love watching him bowl! nearly as good as Brett Lee!;) )

P.A.F

old faithful said:
first of all, congrats on jf17-04! a fighter born out of nessecity. i think world sanctions have had a positive affect for Pak,s industry....a bit like South Africa. does any one know if China,s production will all go to Pakistan inittally? If so, then withs Pak,s production line pumping out @ 20 per year and CAC,s @ 50 P/A, then you will be boosting your airforce in no time. (cricket fans, what has happened to Shoib Ahktar,is he injured,love watching him bowl! nearly as good as Brett Lee!;) )
Have a look at the article i have posted in the pakistani airforce news and discussion thread for more info on this. yes ur right shoaib aktar is injured but should be back some time soon.

meh

nice photos crocodile but can anyone tell me if pakistan will export this aircraft or not and if yes to which countries.