'Fallen Armor/Depot' JunkYard Diorama

Bone Yard Diorama

Been working on this dio on & off. Adding and removing things as well as replacing certain objects. Still working on it but can say it's 99% done.

I thought I'd put together a small dio that somewhat depicts vehicles fallen to IED's or heavy attacks which left them totally destroyed and unusable. I had seen quite a few pics of badly damaged vehicles, beyond repairs, just put into a heap or collected together and placed into a 'Junkyard' type for damaged vehicles. So this is my loose representation of such yards during the Iraqi War...

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Nice! Love the detailing.
Thanks. I've rebuilt the dio to a more compact size. ... Second and final version of the 'Fallen Armor' dio I've been working on. I decided to scrap the older version due to it's size. I decided I wanted something more compact. So here it is. Nothing new except the container has been repainted and chipped. I've added a figure and a dog to the mix. Altered some parts on the vehicles and added some stuff but otherwise, the theme is the same. The name has also been changed to what it was meant to be called in the first place.

exported_kiwi

Again, good stuff Charles!
A couple of questions if I may;

1/ I notice that one of the tyres has chains on it. Are chains used over in those places? I never saw any.

2/ Where on earth do you keep all of these fantatstic diorama's?

Again, good stuff Charles!
A couple of questions if I may;

1/ I notice that one of the tyres has chains on it. Are chains used over in those places? I never saw any.

2/ Where on earth do you keep all of these fantatstic diorama's?
1. Thanks for your comments but I think you might be seeing things.;) There are no chain tires on any dios I have built.

2. These dios have since been scraped. I was not 100% datisfied with them.

exported_kiwi

1. Thanks for your comments but I think you might be seeing things.;) There are no chain tires on any dios I have built.

2. These dios have since been scraped. I was not 100% datisfied with them.
Hi Charles, thanks for your reply.

RE; chains on tyres....please refer to post #4, 4th picture. There, in the foreground, is a tyre with chains on it.

Why weren't you satisfied, heck, I would've been!

If you are referring to the shredded tire in the foreground then that what it is. Shredded tire. ;) Maybe it looks like it has chains on but it does not.
I cannot say why I desmantled them but it was something about the way they looked. Yeah. I know. Weird. I know.