F-16 & technology transfer for IAF

pezfez

there is no way india can or will get any f-16. end of story, no matter what the ghatia indian media reports

lock the thread

insas556

pezfez said:
there is no way india can or will get any f-16. end of story, no matter what the ghatia indian media reports
Ghatia!!!!!!!!For guys not familiar with hindi or Urdu, the word means inferior, substandard,bad you get the idea. I wonder what elicits such a view.
We kind of love our media, its free, an important part of democracy(off course to one neighbour that does not mean much) and its a multi- multi billion $ sector with an increasing spread around the world and quite sexy at times.

As far as the F-16 goes, at the moment there simply is not enough trust on the US for India to make such a big ticket item purchase from the US.Past experiences have been bitter, too many riders,tiers, restrictions and the added risk that some US congressmen may get up one day ,get an amendment passed and Phut goes your F-16. Lets see how the initial tentative transactions on items such as the WLRs goes.
What india would really like is ToT in EW, Sigint, Radar , recce, sensors etc items in which the US is really strong.

adsH

insas556 said:
What india would really like is ToT in EW, Sigint, Radar , recce, sensors etc items in which the US is really strong.
News flash those things are not included in TOT, we shouldn't even call it a TOT

fieldmarshal

un believable, this post has gone on for this long is simple unbelievable. a non issue has been made an issue. India will not buy any western ac at the moment n thats that.

yasin_khan

india is permenant customer of russia and know france too.it never take such facility from us becoz he got every thing and technology from russia and france.

adsH

PJ-10 BrahMos said:
btw - How much would the block 60 cost
it was 100 million a piece but i guess that was development cost included but i doubt the price per-unit would be less then 80 mill a piece, UAE bought them for 100 mill each.

XEROX

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I thought the F-22 were originaly being priced at $100million dollers or is it now $200million

Obviously it wont be sold for another decade to other nations, i persume

adsH

PJ-10 BrahMos said:
I thought the F-22 were originaly being priced at $100million dollers or is it now $200million

Obviously it wont be sold for another decade to other nations, i persume
i think it was like 150 mill a piece for F-22, the UAE f-16 included some of the best technology that the US has to offer.

XEROX

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
hey, adsh

when do you think the U.S will start exporting the F-22

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
PJ-10 BrahMos said:
hey, adsh

when do you think the U.S will start exporting the F-22
The F-22 is not for export at this stage, and is unlikely to be available for at least 8 years at a guess.

The US has indicated that if there was a fundamental requirement then nations like the UK and Aust would be looked upon favourably, but I think that is unlikely.

The unit cost (after subtraction of sunk costs) is approx $100m per plane. There are now 51 in service.

The F-22 is not seen as an early export as it is the next jewel in the crown - it is not just an aircraft, it is a weapons system, so release is not as easy as selling a platform and then expecting to perform wonders.

VICTORA1

adsh,
This is off the topic but the answer to your inquiry about my comments earlier is indeed pakistanis are amongst the lower income earners in the U S of A. The majority is labour class.

Salman78

Rest assured, IAF wont be getting any F-16's or tech-transfer. IAF is already well stretched from having British, Russian and French planes but some US companies can provide much needed assistance with local programs like LCA.