Question Does Defence Talk Desire Promotions of Published Defence Research?

stevenyeadon

I am a published scholar in the field of military studies. I would like to self-promote my published military studies research to defence talk, in order to spread my research to the broader defence research community through coverage of my works. However, I don't know if you desire such self-promotions.

My research is published by military studies journals, that review the works for quality. Publications such as Fires Bulletin, Marine Corps University Journal, and Army Aviation Digest.

I figured this may be a common question, so I went to the forum to ask it. This, to help others that might ask the same question. I'll just use the 'contact us' messenger, if self-promotion of research is desired

ngatimozart

Super Moderator
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
I am a published scholar in the field of military studies. I would like to self-promote my published military studies research to defence talk, in order to spread my research to the broader defence research community through coverage of my works. However, I don't know if you desire such self-promotions.

My research is published by military studies journals, that review the works for quality. Publications such as Fires Bulletin, Marine Corps University Journal, and Army Aviation Digest.

I figured this may be a common question, so I went to the forum to ask it. This, to help others that might ask the same question. I'll just use the 'contact us' messenger, if self-promotion of research is desired
I would suggest that you contact the Webmaster, because it's against the rules to use the forum to push traffic to another site. You promoting your research in such a way could be construed as such as well as advertising for personal gain. As such the Moderators would remove your posts and ban you for spamming. Rules #1 & #28 apply.

However, if you were commenting on a topic and used your research as evidence, it would have to be sourced from a verifiable reputable publication, preferably peer reviewed, considering it's original work.

stevenyeadon

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I would suggest that you contact the Webmaster, because it's against the rules to use the forum to push traffic to another site. You promoting your research in such a way could be construed as such as well as advertising for personal gain. As such the Moderators would remove your posts and ban you for spamming. Rules #1 & #28 apply.

However, if you were commenting on a topic and used your research as evidence, it would have to be sourced from a verifiable reputable publication, preferably peer reviewed, considering it's original work.
Thank you. I understood that it was against forum rules to push traffic to another site, hence why I included no links. I was not going to post my work here except as source material for important new points on a topic like the USMC or aviation. Fortunately I was already ahead of you. I'll contact the Webmaster. Again, I only asked here for future authors, so that a basic forum search might help them out.