Did Pakistan give cruise missiles to China in 99?

Francois

Defense Professional
Verified Defense Pro
VICTORA1 said:
Murphy's law does apply. Whatever can go wrong will go wrong. Most unpredictable results would be the outcome of predictable scenarios. A missile supposed to self destruct in a malfunction situation, will not destroy itself. A missile instead of falling on hard ground would fall on the softest patch that one could find in thousands of square miles of rock and mountain. And last but not the least, a cruise missile will land intact in the nation of pakistan out of all the places. Lo and behold the sanctimonious / sanctions.

I keep telling my pakistani buddies, thank the U S of A. We are greatful to it for giving us whatever we need. The method of delivery maynot be the most appropriate, but the end result is indeed gratifying.
We can make lot of fun of the americans, but one area I am impressed is their engineering. Now, I don't think they are lower people.

Beside this, I don't think a TLAM fell off the sky in Pakistan or something, but that one guy like you (pakistani working in the US) took data to Pakistani, I am more prone to believe this last one.

VICTORA1

Francois,

There is no pun intended here. This is a very serious matter. Now where does this 'lower people' come into place. You are impressed by american technology, big deal. Doesn't make any difference if you are not impressed either. I know it is way ahead of anyone as a matter of fact.

Just because I am taking the scenario in a lighter manner does not mean that I am making fun of it. Seems like you are a little immature, so I will give you an example of murphy's law in the real world and there are a thousands more.

About fifteen years plus ago a man is target shooting inside an enclosed and covered target shooting range with a .45 calibre semi automatic hand gun somewhere in missouri or kansas. Around 150 to 200 yards form the range police gets a report of someone being shot dead. The cops after their investigation come back to the shooting range. Their report suggests after looking at the target, verifying shooter information, that the shooter at one point having shot a round and as the hand went upward with the recoil instinctively pressed the trigger again not knowingly. The .45 bullet travelling upward at an angle gets delflected downwards when it hits the cieling, exits through the ventilator window travelling downwards now, and hits the victim standing somewhere in the open. The cieling incidently was made of CHIPBOARD.

Strange things happen in real life. That was not the only missile that fell into pakistan, there were multiple samples of tomahawks landings in the locale.

Now, regardless of how pakistan got the info, Babar is a reality.

Francois

Defense Professional
Verified Defense Pro
Ok, I apologize.
I had the feeling you were one of those who bashing without knowing.
You post just sounded like that to me!
I have been working with americans for a while, so they earn their respect, not via the net.

I can't talk about the babur, but if I get some real (hard) data, I can tell.

Francois

Defense Professional
Verified Defense Pro
mysterious said:
Truly amazing! So far, hardly anyone has discussed the implications that Babur's test would have in South Asia but everyone is more interested in where the technology came from. It DOESN'T matter! Its there, like it or not. Time to move on from decades old mind-set fellaz and grow up.
Hey, Myst, what is the topic's name :confused:
Your message is irrelevant. And you need to grow up.

ever4244

China do has cruise missile .i recalled in a TV interview the designer claim that missile can shoot in a football gate . maybe i can give some chinese link if anybody want but that s old news which hard to find. (i was in high school )
Anyway it s old thread , let it be.
BTW, i remember the cruise missile called Hongniao 2-----red bird 2 maybe.
data similar to tomahark if use GPS , but our navigate-satelite are still far from GPS, so the accuracy will be limited.

SATAN

Not really. They are designed in such way that even if the missile doesn't explode, key tech elements would be ruined on impact to make sure no one else gets to examine them. But who knows, perhaps this particular Tomahawk didn't follow procedure and remained intact to a good extent.
Who cares if they did? So what? we put those damn Sanctions on Pakistan in the late 90's and held back their F-16s which they already paid for. So during that time period..we had ZERO influence over there thanks to our idiot congress.

Big-E

Banned Member
mysterious said:
Not really. They are designed in such way that even if the missile doesn't explode, key tech elements would be ruined on impact to make sure no one else gets to examine them. But who knows, perhaps this particular Tomahawk didn't follow procedure and remained intact to a good extent.

Who cares if they did? So what? we put those damn Sanctions on Pakistan in the late 90's and held back their F-16s which they already paid for. So during that time period..we had ZERO influence over there thanks to our idiot congress.
I care... it is called a failsafe and it better have worked. What do Pakistani arms embargos have to do with this thread? Pakistan has a strategic partnership with China that far supersedes it's relationship with the US, no lack of embargos will supersede that loyalty.

SATAN

China do has cruise missile .i recalled in a TV interview the designer claim that missile can shoot in a football gate . maybe i can give some chinese link if anybody want but that s old news which hard to find. (i was in high school )
Anyway it s old thread , let it be.
BTW, i remember the cruise missile called Hongniao 2-----red bird 2 maybe.
data similar to tomahark if use GPS , but our navigate-satelite are still far from GPS, so the accuracy will be limited.

I have heard China's Cruise Missile project being mentioned recently in a Janes article. Can you post a link to the Hongniao 2 / RedBird 2?

Thanks