Defence Talk's http://www.DefenceBlogs.com!

Status
Not open for further replies.

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
Hi Folks,

I am thinking about allowing members of DefenceTalk to have their own Defence/Military related blogs on the site. Would you be interested in something like that? Of course, it would be free and anyone who wants it would have their own blog that they can write on, update and maintain.

No Poll, if something like that would be of interest to you, please reply here.

Thanks!

Supe

If you were to allow blogging, would you moderate content? If yes, then you should rethink the offer. Since blogging by its very nature revolves around opinions, it has the possibility of causing offence. I can imagine what a wonderful soapbox a members blog would be. (Pak vs India vs China vs U.S blogoff) A moderated blog is worthless - ditto one that involves self-censorship.

I think DefTalk core focus should remain on the forums at least till the forums get plenty of post/thread turnover. Reconsider forum affilliations. Kill off underperforming sub-forums or amalgamate them with other slow turnover forums. The browser who finds there way to site, only to see old threads that haven't been responded to in weeks, may get the feeling that the forum is dead and it's not worth their time. I know I've come across forums and clicked through, saw lack of activity, then moved on. Keep it simple.

tphuang

Super Moderator
nice, that sounds great and then I can have my own section and people can come in and trash my opnion as usual, lol. I will just be over at Gary's blog all day then.

mysterious

It'll just divert DT's traffic to individual blogs in a way and then we'll have several smaller DTs running leading to just a complex, tangled situation. I'd opt out of any such options and vote NO for it.

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks, all valid points.

I am going to look at each point and then decide... maybe it is not the right time for this yet. More participation from defence professionals is required though.

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
Please avoid putting random links in this thread or on the board for purpose of advertisement. If you want, send email to [email protected] and request a link to be placed on our LINKS section. To be able to have your website on our LINKS area, a URL from your site to Defencetalk is required.

Thanks!

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
FYI...

It seems other folks are waiting for DefenceTalk to implement this feature so they can also do the same on their websites... (not that cloning other stuff from DT wasn't enough already.)

tphuang

Super Moderator
hehe, so are we actually going to do this? I'd be interested in having my own defence blog. Nobody will read it, but it will be fun to have.

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
Yeah, I know. There are certain issues that I have to consider before moving forward.

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
DefenceTalk's DefenceBlogs are up (ready to use but work is being done to fix issues and add more features in coming days and weeks):

http://www.defenceblogs.com/

Please go there and register and start blogging. I would really appreciate some feedback!

Defence Blogs offers users web blogs on strategic world politics, defense and military developments as well as world security and global war on terrorism.

Defence Blogs are organized in various categories for you to post your weblogs under. For you to be able to post blogs, you must register as a user and login. Your blogs are totally saperate from other users while you blog in categories that are shared by all users.

Unlike discussion forums where your posts are moderated and you are expected to follow some rules, on DefenceBlogs you won't have to put up with that other than moderating of comments that users may post on your blogs. Also, you may blog on world politics as well as global war on terror issues which you normally wouldn't do here on DefenceTalk because of he flame war factor. :D

It is up to you to invite users to your blogs and so that they can comment. The more you tell others about your blog on Defenceblogs.com the busier and more popular it will be compared to other users. Put link to defenceblogs.com in your signature, post your blogs on other forums and news groups.

So, register today and start blogging!

Status
Not open for further replies.