Combat Aircraft Comparison stats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozzy Blizzard

Ok, i see your point, but the F-35 isn't operative yet is it? And how many operative scvadron's of F-22 is there today, 3?
How many scvadron's of Thyphoon is there now?
I mean there how upgraded is the rest å of the Tornado, F-18, F-16 and F-15e left in service?
If u compair those with the Su-30MKI...
By the time the SU-30 MKI has reached the 200+ operational platform mark there will be more than that number of operational F/A-18E/F BII's in the USN alone. All of those will have 5th gen avionics suites built around a 3rd gen AESA radar and fully digital RWR, with a level of integration unmatched in any other 4.5th gen platform, bar (maybe) the Typhoon. Anyway 5 squadrons of F-22A's supported by all of the capabilities of the USAF would be more than a match for 500 MKI's.

By the way how many squadrons of MKI's are there at the moment? AFAIK the MKI is at the same stage in production as Typhoon.

Haavarla

By the time the SU-30 MKI has reached the 200+ operational platform mark there will be more than that number of operational F/A-18E/F BII's in the USN alone. All of those will have 5th gen avionics suites built around a 3rd gen AESA radar and fully digital RWR, with a level of integration unmatched in any other 4.5th gen platform, bar (maybe) the Typhoon. Anyway 5 squadrons of F-22A's supported by all of the capabilities of the USAF would be more than a match for 500 MKI's.

By the way how many squadrons of MKI's are there at the moment? AFAIK the MKI is at the same stage in production as Typhoon.

I'm not sure about the scvadron number, but they have 50 Su-30MKI today?
Aren't they suposed to upgrade those Su-30MKI in the near future?

Last edited:

ante_climax

Well the thing is that SU 30Mki is going to be upgraded with an AESA radar soon and possibly an American won if the IAF chooses F 18 or F 16 for their MRCA deal, The same could happen to IAF Mirages as well. An AESA equipped SU30MKI will be more than a match for most fighters in the world. Also there were some reports in the US media about the validity of the stealth platforms and that a higher number of conventional f16 - 15,18s etc would be much better than the expensive F 22. They site the earlier stealth projects like the f 117 were shot down in serbia with 1950s soviet equipment, It will be interesting to see how f 22 fares against S300 and S400 plaforms the former Iran may acquire long before an armed conflict with the US.

I guess simulations and trials will not reveal real ability of aircraft, so lets wait till we see the MKI and F 22 taste first real bits of action. I haven't seen American (or Russian for that matter) aircraft in action against an equal opposition since Vietnam. I think an Iran American war or an Indo Pak war will show the true capabilities of these weapons. Especially if Russians sell Sukhois and Migs to the Iranians. Does anyone know the status of their reverse engineering program on the Tomcats ?

Status
Not open for further replies.