Colombia BRT-80?

felixdrake

Would Russia get all $30 billion?
If that kind of expenditure happens, a $1 billion line of credit is little more than a door prize. I suspect Russia would be willing to increase that $1 billion number significantly if it were, say, buy $10 billion, get a $5 billion additional line of credit. $30 billion in military spending begins to get to the point where deploying resistance to it overseas takes a serious investment, even from the US.
Edit:It seems like a lot of money, but consider, about half of every US tax dollar is directed towards the military, and that is BEFORE the additional costs of the Iraq war.

Feanor

Super Moderator
Staff member
30 billion would of course be a comprehensive package. And remember for every Su-35 you buy, you also need training, maintenance, munitions, spare parts, etc. etc. etc. And yes Venezuela has bought non-Russian equipment, most recently the 24 K-8 planes from China. While 30 billion is probably an overstatement, keep in mind that there are allegedly in the works right now deals regarding 3 subs, Su-35 fighters, 12-20 Tor M1 SAMs, and 10 Il-76 and 2 Il-78 transports and tankers. While I don't think that all of those will be realized, it shows that Chavez is still seriously intent on upgrading his military.

Josef

Banned Member
I recall rumors about a BMP-3 deal with Venezuela, though they've yet to materialize into anything. Keep in mind the Tor M1 deal that looked like a guaranteed done deal has yet to go through, and negotiations in regards to the submarine deal are still in progress. Then there is the rumored Su-35 deal (when I originally read about it, it seemed laughable, but this was before the Su-35BM test flight). So I really don't know if they will be able to buy much more. As is, they're already going overboard.
Please do not be spying on weapons systems of the RUSSIAN FEDERATION nor of PROC.

ROCK45

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
If Chavez is still seriously about building up his ground forces and was in the market for T-90s does India still have T-90's on the production line yet built?

Sorry for the basic question besides India has Russia sold the T-90 to other buyers?

Thanks

Feanor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Russia has sold the T-90 to Algeria (~180) and Cyprus (41).

I have not heard anything in terms of finalizing the T-90 or T-72 deal with Venzuela.

eckherl

The Bunker Group
Verified Defense Pro
If Chavez is still seriously about building up his ground forces and was in the market for T-90s does India still have T-90's on the production line yet built?

Sorry for the basic question besides India has Russia sold the T-90 to other buyers?

Thanks
He may not have a choice due to everyone in that region upgrading their land forces, Peru will be testing PT-91M in the short near future.

India is still getting the majority of T-90S parts from Russia which is pissing India off to no end.

Algeria operates T-90 SA which is more advanced over the Indian version, Libya is rumored to be possibly next in line.

eckherl

The Bunker Group
Verified Defense Pro
Russia has sold the T-90 to Algeria (~180) and Cyprus (41).

I have not heard anything in terms of finalizing the T-90 or T-72 deal with Venzuela.
Do you mean T-80U for Cyprus because this is what they are operating.

ROCK45

Hi Feanor
Has all 180 been delivered? 41 to Cyprus didn't know that thought India was the only buyer.

I knew nothing was finalized with Venezuela but wanted to know was it possible to get T-90s built if India still had tanks waiting to get produced? Don't know much about tank production lines roughly how many tanks can Russia's build per year?

Hi eckherl
Didn't even see your posts that's so strange hey buddy how you?

Algeria operates T-90 SA - Has these been delivered?

Peru might go with the Polish tank interesting does the FCS match up against Chiles Leo I and Leo II's?

I know its the wrong thread but did Chile give those Leo I's to Ecuador yet?

Thanks

eckherl

The Bunker Group
Verified Defense Pro
Hi Feanor
Has all 180 been delivered? 41 to Cyprus didn't know that thought India was the only buyer.

I knew nothing was finalized with Venezuela but wanted to know was it possible to get T-90s built if India still had tanks waiting to get produced? Don't know much about tank production lines roughly how many tanks can Russia's build per year?

Hi eckherl
Didn't even see your posts that's so strange hey buddy how you?

Algeria operates T-90 SA - Has these been delivered?

Peru might go with the Polish tank interesting does the FCS match up against Chiles Leo I and Leo II's?

I know its the wrong thread but did Chile give those Leo I's to Ecuador yet?

Thanks
Hello,

Yes, they are in Algeria.
Yes, FCS on advanced Twardy matches up with Leo series in that region.
I was told that it is a done deal inregards to the Chile and Equador deal.

ROCK45

Thanks eckherl
Hope you you'll post the Peruvian deal if it goes through?

Feanor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Do you mean T-80U for Cyprus because this is what they are operating.
They are already operating the T-80U and have oredered 41 T-90S.

Êèïð ñîáèðàåòñÿ ïðèîáðåñòè ðîññèéñêèå òàíêè T-90*—*ÎÐÓÆÈÅ ÐÎÑÑÈÈ, Ôåäåðàëüíûé ýëåêòðîííûé ñïðàâî÷íèê âîîðóæåíèÿ è âîåííîé òåõíèêè

I originally saw the story on arms-tass but quick google search (in Russian) came up with a bucketload of sources.

EDIT: Just my guess, I suspect that our government wants to put more money into the production of new tanks as it gives jobs, lowers production costs (economies of scale), rather then selling off old ones. It seems to be a pattern that when states ask to buy the T-72 or T-80, they are offered the T-90. Part of it might be that it's just too expensive to restart production. Hence why both Cyprus which asked for a second T-80 batch, and Venezuela, which wanted the T-72M1, are now getting or going to be getting the T-90.