Capabilities & data Comparison- EuroFighter and Su-30MKI

blackzero

well I do believe that F-16 can pull up the cobra.On 23rd March celebration in Pakistan one PAF K8 trainer did a tail slide manouver.I saw it live on TV.

srijan16

No but if India went crazy and armed their MKIs with python 5 missile, a possibility of which cannot be ruled out, then Typhoons would have real problem in their hands. Armed with extended range Adder and Python 5, MKI would be the most lethal air-air platform after Raptor.:):):):)

Feanor

Super Moderator
Staff member
No but if India went crazy and armed their MKIs with python 5 missile, a possibility of which cannot be ruled out, then Typhoons would have real problem in their hands. Armed with extended range Adder and Python 5, MKI would be the most lethal air-air platform after Raptor.:):):):)
I'm not sure the avionics on the MKI would even allow that.

weasel1962

Re:

What I did find interesting was Rafael indicating that the Python 5 uses a dual waveband focal plane array which improves low signature detection.

http://www.rafael.co.il/marketing/SIP_STORAGE/FILES/1/921.pdf

Presumably the dual waveband works in the IR and (maybe) MMW spectrum allowing at least higher probability engagement of targets in the IR spectrum.

It could in theory improve its capabilities against low-IR signature targets eg F-22.

And just in case the above is misread which increasingly happens nowadays, such tech is becoming common in IR detectors/missile seekers today.

Scorpion82

Do you guys realise that this thread is almost 6 years old? Anyway it was funny to read through it and see how some people matured in the mean time. There is certainly much more known these days to allow for a better assessment of the capabilities/performances of each aircraft.