CANZUK Bloc

Arclighy

I hope people don't mind me resurrecting this thread, but people may not have noticed that CPTPP members agreed a few weeks ago to allow formal talks for the UK to join.

I may have missed something but how is CPTPP related to CANZUK? The CPTPP actually exists where as CANUK is a pipedream.

ngatimozart

Super Moderator
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I may have missed something but how is CPTPP related to CANZUK? The CPTPP actually exists where as CANUK is a pipedream.
Anyway who says that we want the poms in? They drink warm beer, cheat at rugby and cricket, have strange habits, whinge etc., :p :D

ngatimozart

Super Moderator
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Guess I missed Biden’s take on the CPTPP, anyone seen info on US intentions?
Not yet, but this time around they will find it somewhat harder to get the more rabid of their claims accepted.

Musashi_kenshin

UK membership of CPTPP was raised here previously as a more realistic form of UK-et al cooperation than CANZUK. Moving into the formal negotiation process is worth mentioning because CPTPP members had to informally approve the UK's bid first.