Canadian Troops in Infantry Manoeuvre Exercise

Pathfinder-X

Tribal Warlord
Verified Defense Pro
These pics were taken about 6 months ago, the unit that were involved were Princess Patricia's Canadian Light Infantry Regiment. The obejective of the exercise was to test the newly issued BDU and enhance the troops ability to manoeure in forest. I was gonna upload to the gallery but can't find the right section for it (too many choices :mad ), so i juz post it here.

Pathfinder-X

Tribal Warlord
Verified Defense Pro
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The uniform in the picture has the same camouflage pattern as the one we are currently wearing, but can conceal infar-red signal and body heat better than the old ones. The new uniforms will be first issued to regular army units(which means my regiment won't get it anytime soon). It has already been equipped by PPCLI and JTF-2.

this pic is taken in afganistan, the reason canadians are wearing woodland camouflage in a desert terrain is because they don't want to be confused with americans(which partly explains why canada only lost 2 soldier due to hostile fire in almost 2 years), but i still think we should wear desert camo.

A

Aussie Digger

The new uniforms seem to work well in your native environment. The Aussies wore a desert version of the normal Auscam uniform in Afganistan and Iraq and I don't think their were any confusions as to who they were. Our camouflage is considerably different to the US BDU's though.

Pathfinder-X

Tribal Warlord
Verified Defense Pro
Too bad my unit are still wearing the old one. which has no camo pattern or infa-red concealment feature.

piece of crap eh?? i don't know why we still use these uniforms, the U.S army phased these out in the 80's already. damn DoD is putting our soldier's lives at stake here.

A

Aussie Digger

Is that the Javelin MRAAW? Seems the US is doing quite well with this weapon system if it is. US, UK, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, plus others more than likely...

Pathfinder-X

Tribal Warlord
Verified Defense Pro
no that is the Eyrx short range anti tank missile. it's use to engage tanks 50 to 600m. it has a tandem warhead and it can penetrate 900mm of armour.

pezfez

r those regular infantry or some semi-special forces

that is just plain cool looking, btw, what ifv is that in the 8th pic?

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
pezfez said:
r those regular infantry or some semi-special forces

that is just plain cool looking, btw, what ifv is that in the 8th pic?
Vehicle is a LAV. Princess Pats are regulars, but they have a fine history.

Pathfinder-X

Tribal Warlord
Verified Defense Pro
hmmm.....about PPCLI, Canadian government has decided to convert it into special operation force. By 2008, it plans to expand JTF-2 to three times its current size.

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
Pathfinder-X said:
hmmm.....about PPCLI, Canadian government has decided to convert it into special operation force. By 2008, it plans to expand JTF-2 to three times its current size.
Path, I was talking about current status. ;) What will it's future structure and composition be??

Pathfinder-X

Tribal Warlord
Verified Defense Pro
That i don't know. JTF-2 has always keep a low profile. Even veterans in my unit don't know the men power and organization of it. So there is no way a lowly lance corporal like me be able to know that. Even if i know i can't tell you about it, or else DoD would eat me alive.

pezfez

omg, canadian infantry looks better our special forces :? :(

raj, i like the cammo too, better than the current US ones, though they wear the desert cammo

Pathfinder-X

Tribal Warlord
Verified Defense Pro
Well the princess pat's are better trained then our other unit in Canada, therefore they have the best equipment available to Canadian forces. They were the first unit to be equipped with new body armor and improved C7A2 rifle. Alot of personal in the unit is airborne qualified. In a sense they are the Canadian rangers.