Canadian Army

Terran

Contract some Toronto gangbangers and you can get quick delivery and good prices or just get confiscated handguns from the Toronto police for free.:mad:
John I get you are not happy with my post. Yet for a moment I will take is seriously. Crime guns are poor choice these days. In the past some small police agencies have used confiscated arms as issue but these have been less popular as they rarely offer large numbers or quality.
your second point though does have a aspect that is my point. Toronto Police issue Glock 17 and 19 pistols. The CMP issue a number of sidearms Smith and Wesson as well as Sig and Glock. As such import of sidearms from across the boarder isn’t unheard of. PARA Ordinance was the last pistol maker I know of in Canada. They are now long defunct. Having moved to the US then gotten bought out by Remington which is itself defunct. I get that the Canadian MOD would like in principle to make in Canada yet realistically it’s not an option for any existing systems.

Last edited:

John Fedup

The Bunker Group
@Terran .....nothing wrong with your post, my frown was meant for our idiot pollies falling over themselves coming up with new restrictions on long gun owners whilst doing SFA about the real problem, the smuggling of illegal handguns from the US. Handguns are highly restricted already and pollies don’t have the balls to correct this, long jail terms for smuggling, even longer for crimes using a gun and life for any deaths using a gun (the best option is a piece of rope).

Calculus

PARA Ordinance was the last pistol maker I know of in Canada.
Actually, BCL is starting production of a new-design all-metal pistol line PX17 FOXCOM | Black Creek Labs

10 rd pinned mags for commercial sales in Canada, but 15 rds for law enforcement/military/US/International. Not sure if this is in anticipation of the pistol replacement project, or coincidence, but you would have to think they would at least submit a few into the competition for evaluation.

Last edited:

Terran

I wasn’t aware of that one yet even they state they will be the first semi automatic pistol maker north of the boarder for a long time.
their intended product is blatantly and self admittedly Glock inspired. With two models the PX17 Foxcom inspired by the Glock 17 pretty much the worlds most ubiquitous sidearm, and PX19 Foxbat based of the Glock 19 in both cases they are using an aluminum alloy frame.
That’s not unheard of Glock is the Toyota Corolla of sidearms these days in more ways than one. It’s commonality among users, it’s mindset of from the box ready to use no frills needed and it’s reliability. Of course not every Glock owner though will keep it stock, Just like how you have Corollas tricked out into street racers along the way Glock owners tuned their no frills combat guns into target shooting machines including aluminum frames made in the aftermarket. For a custom tuned gun it’s cool and all but there is the trade off of possible metal fatigue vs the advantage of a slight decrease in felt recoil due to the heavier mass. For a combat pistol in the modern era the reliability and ruggedness of polymer frames is well established. Just about the whole arms industry is cranking out polymer framed Striker fired guns that are accurate, reliable, and affordable in mass.
The question for this is how far along are they? The specs and page for BCL I think looks CGI without evidence for more than conceptual stage. Sure a prototype shouldn’t be to hard. The mechanism is well established the hardware is available but mass production is the question. Like Commissioning Colt Canada to crank out licensed guns it’s that initial investment on hardware and overhead that can make or break the deal. Followed by the all important can they build them to quality.
If they can get this going okay, can they sell them can, they convince the Canada MOD to buy them. Better yet could they actually compete if Glock showed up offering the latest G19 G5?

ngatimozart

Super Moderator
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
Jeez what's going on in the Canuck Army? One Bombardier (Cpl equiv) in an artillery unit handed out marijuana laced cupcakes to her colleagues whilst on exercise and the lot of them promptly got wasted :cool: So she's now in the brown smelly stuff and probably lost her two Bdr stripes amongst other things.

And then this Officer Cadet who has 25 years in service and should know a lot better, gets up at a public antivax rally against the COVID-19 vaccines and lets rip about why the vaccines are dangerous. DND are informed fairly quickly and now no promotion this side of the ocean for said OCDT. They didn't throw the book at him; they threw the whole library at him. He's been charged with mutiny and some other charges. This is the first charge of mutiny in the Canadian armed forces for 80 years.

John Fedup

The Bunker Group
Don’t know much about this site and the author doesn’t reveal his real name but the article is pretty negative on the CAF leadership and pollies. WRT Canadian involvement in the Ukraine, the author is correct, Canadian troops lack the resources to do SFA and would just be in the way. Given the proposed kit for the navy and airforce, they may be able to offer NATO something in 5-10 years but only limited assistance at present. The army is in sad shape and I have not seen much in the way of future kit enhancements.