Andy McNab

Rayna

One of the assistant instructors at Krav has the same favorite author as I did and he recommended Andy McNab's work. I have read one, one of his Nick Stone thrillers and quite enjoyed it in to comparative to many other authors that have never had such experiences and don't really know what they are talking about at times.

I have heard mixed opinions about McNab, some love is work while others apparently hate him. Some say that the his accounts in his non fiction books were exaggerated he's made poor leadership decisions etc but is there any other reasons that have made him disliked or the opposite?

McNab as a fiction writer I enjoy his work, I haven't read any of his non fiction work yet to give opinion that.

What does everyone think about him here? Those who have read his fiction thrillers and even his non fiction books like Seven Troop.

OPSSG

Super Moderator
Staff member
McNab as a fiction writer I enjoy his work, I haven't read any of his non fiction work yet to give opinion that.
We have a Military Non-fiction thread and I've done a very short book review on Bravo Two Zero by Andy McNab DCM MM. This is a story about an eight-man SAS patrol that was given a dangerous Scud hunting mission behind enemy lines during the first Gulf War.

I have heard mixed opinions about McNab, some love is work while others apparently hate him. Some say that the his accounts in his non fiction books were exaggerated he's made poor leadership decisions etc but is there any other reasons that have made him disliked or the opposite?
The mission allocated to Andy McNab's SAS team was very dangerous and these eight guys were obviously very brave men (three of which did not come back). If his fellow team mates who survived want to criticize his decisions, it is their prerogative, especially if it is done in the context of an after action review. However, I don't feel qualified to comment on his leadership decisions as I can never be qualified to step in his shoes. Keep in mind that some of the 'criticisms' were based on 2nd or 3rd hand reports and I am reluctant to engage in further internet speculation.

Last edited:

Rayna

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Its interesting you say that, because i have found its people who are in law enforcement that i hear the good things from and the bad things from those who are not. None who have served in the SAS but those who are Cops, Military etc

Has anyone Read his new one, Seven troop?