American Planes

American planes are awsome, but i had germany had developed a new plane paving the way for next generation of fighter planes called X-??? something.
Also USA gives israel the latest planes, i am just curios is the standard of israeli plane the same as american ones. I also heard israel is very advanced in aero technology and they always add their own upgrades making them better than american technology....

Gremlin29

Super Moderator
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
US Planes

The Israelis did a fabulous job updating and upgunning alot of American and French equipment back in the 60's and 70's. Look at what they did with the Mirage and F-4 back then! Of course those were riveted construction aircraft with simple hydraulic controls which are the type of aircraft that can be modified. The newer designs of today with fly by wire (and the software that makes it possible) are not as easily modified. The F-16 for instance will self destruct from flutter were it not for the computers that stabilize it. I've trained with Israeli pilots and can only say that I was impressed to the maximum. As the Germans learned in WW2, technology and superior aircraft are useless if the guy holding the stick isn't experienced and or trained properly.

NARC

Well said Gremlin, i guess the Germans belived the pilots should all be blond haired and have blue eyes....lol

Anyways, Isreal has been the pick of US military, recently the F-16 c/d versions came out, reliving the F-16 experience, these babies are lethal and have proven to perform "much" better than the older ones, Pakistan has. They have more tech too.

Isreal would have had their own fighter in the Lavy, this was a joint venture between the US and Isreal, but the US pulled the plug on it becoz they thought it could stop or hinder the sales of their aircrafts, so it just goes to show that the US is happy aslong as they are buying from them.

F-22_Rapture

Let me refrase that NARC. The reason why the us pulled out was due to the sales of the F-18s and F-16s in particular. Not the sales of any other aircraft. This was due to the launch of the F-18 hornets and the present F-16s. If the Lavi (note: not Lavy) was introduced, then nations would favour it over the Us planes. Bare in mind it was proposed as the most deadliest fighter bomber ever in production.

By the way, America did not have any constructive hand in the project, they only funded the project and thats about it.

Gremlin29

Super Moderator
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
Lavi?

Rapture, to say the Lavi would be preferred over any other aircraft is a moot point since it never saw the light of day. There's plenty of aircraft in aviation history that "would have" been the greatest, but since they failed to materialize they can be relegated to Has Beens and Never Weres.