1st Seal acquitted of "brutality" charges

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisdef

I'm curious, with the brain trust involved in writing these articles, wouldn't they have been smart enough to have simply stated that "everyone" was a protected person?
Not sure if you understand this or not but the US did not write the GC, blame the Swiss. And yes, there's a vast gulf between National Guard MP's, and Navy SEAL's. Do you seriously not know this?
Obviously (like most similar things) it wasnt well thought out or as i said there would of been some section with dealing with "unlawwfull combatants" now wouldnt there.
And yes i know it wasnt written by the US, i never said you did.
And in training and skills there is a vast gulf, that has no bearing on there morals. And if your implying it was only National guard MP's doing the horrible things in Iraq i suggest you check again, they range from MP's to CIA and Contractors (both of which largely recruit from SF such as Seals) so what as soon as they are retired they do bad things but could never do it while in the Military? Your kidding yourself.
Thats also following the line the US tries to take that no senior Military new or had any involvement of the abuse. which i seriously doubt.

The fact that you would ask such a question shows your ignorance in the matter, I see no value in responding it would be well beyond your comprehension.
Am I supposed to be taken aback by your anti-American sentiment? I'm not. I know many don't like the US for what we do, I'm quite comfortable with that.
I suggest you blindly thinking just because they are a Seal they could never do anything wrong is what's ignorant.
And as ive said before im not especially Anti American, i just call it like i see it and arent fond of all the flag wavers automatically assuming everything the US does is good and that everyone else is wrong.

I'm disappointed. You obviously haven't even bothered reading the articles of the GC. Preventing armed civilians from uprising following hostilities is one of it's aims, and it's very clear in the articles and supporting documents as to that intent
Preventing not stopping. And it in no way implies if civilians do arm themselves you can do whatever you want to them.
You will never stopped armed civilians from doing what they can to help there country. Are you saying if the US was invaded you wouldnt help fight if your not currently in the Military? Ide bet you would.

Status
Not open for further replies.