170(china)'s new cloth

Pathfinder-X

Tribal Warlord
Verified Defense Pro
these are old pics, the newer ones aleady showed the surface to surface missile installed. and btw, please post all ur pics in one post instead of taking up three reply space. :)

Aegis

Salman78 said:
Can anyone post the new pics with missiles loaded ? What class is this Frigate ?
Frigate??? It is a missile guided Destroyer! Type52C.I wonder how good is this ship compare to the US Aegis.I think the PLAN r desperate for warship,look at the background of the 1st picture.Plenty of warships building in progress!

tatra

Verified Defense Pro
AEGIS SHIPS of the USN have a 2,000-3,000 tons greater displacement, a substantially larger VL missile capacity and 2 rather than 1 shipborne helicopter.

TICONDEROGA CLASS GUIDED MISSILE AEGIS CRUISERS (CG)
Length: 173 meters
Beam: 16.8 meters
Draft: 9.5 meters
Displacement: at least approx. 9,500 tons full load

ARLEIGH BURKE CLASS GUIDED MISSILE AEGIS DESTROYERS (DDG)
Length: 154 meters
Beam: 20.4 meters
Draft: 6.3 meters
Displacement: at least approx. 9,000 tons full load
(NB: Flight IIA ships are slighty larger, displacing some 9,250 tons)

Aegis

tatra said:
AEGIS SHIPS of the USN have a 2,000-3,000 tons greater displacement, a substantially larger VL missile capacity and 2 rather than 1 shipborne helicopter.
R u sure got 2 ship borne helo? I bet it even don't have a hangar! It is only in the late stage,they add one. I not sure of the full load for DDG 170,may hit 8500tons

tatra

Verified Defense Pro
Aegis said:
R u sure got 2 ship borne helo? I bet it even don't have a hangar! It is only in the late stage,they add one. I not sure of the full load for DDG 170,may hit 8500tons
Tico and Flight IIA Burke carry 2 helicopters each in their shipboard hangars. Other Burke versions have no helicopter hanger but have space where one can land (perhaps also refuel/rearm).

If you take, for example, the 5" (127mm) gun on these ships as reference and compare to the 100mm mount on DDG 170 and extrapolate, you see the USn ships are quite a bit bigger.

Ticonderoga class CG

Arleigh Burke class flights I & II

Arleigh Burke class flight IIA

Aegis

Nice pictures! But as a result the flight deck is shorter! Looks like the hanger is quite cram for 2 copters.They shall opt for 1!

tatra

Verified Defense Pro
Aegis said:
Nice pictures! But as a result the flight deck is shorter! Looks like the hanger is quite cram for 2 copters.They shall opt for 1!

Ticonderoga (just like Spruance DD 963 and Kidd DD 993 classes)
Two SH-2 Seasprite (LAMPS) in CG 47-48, Two SH-60 Sea Hawk (LAMPS III) in remainder (2 helicopters in 1 large hanger)

Arleigh Burke FLIGHT I
No aircraft. LAMPS III electronics installed on landing deck for coordinated DDG 51/helo ASW operations

Arleigh Burk FLIGHT IIA
Two multi-purpose Light Airborne Multipurpose System LAMPS MK III SH-60 Seahawk helicopters (2 small hangars for 1 helicopter each)