121 Land-Overlander Tender

Tasman

Ship Watcher
Verified Defense Pro
I thought 4RAR (Cdo) were to get a follow on version under Phase 1B.

Like Bug I am surprised that no photos have made there way into the public domain.

Tas

buglerbilly

Defense Professional
Verified Defense Pro
Are there any Infos how many seats those Supacats have?
They are mostly, from the little seen so far, organised for a 4-man crew - driver, commander (with usually a 7.62mm LMG on articulated mount), gunner 1 (who mans the .50cal/40mm GL in the centre of the WMIK) and in some (the Danish ones for instance) gunner 2 in the back who has another 7.62mm LMG but could have another HMG/GL.

The 6x6 Logistics ones also have WMIK with probably again a 4-man crew and similar layout.

All the Supacat versions can, of course, carry far more troops as the situation demands.

Regards,

BUG

buglerbilly

Defense Professional
Verified Defense Pro
These images may help. The first one is a Danish MWMIK with four seats, the two in front and the one under the rear of the stand-up weapon mount on the centre ring; the back of the rear seat can just be seen behind that one...........image courtesy of my cuzz and CoCoon at MilPhotos........

http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/5214/supacat4hs8.jpg

This next one is a UK MWMIK of the type just going into service........the SAS units are rumoured to be very similar..................again 4 seats.

http://www.mod.uk/NR/rdonlyres/A6C57A20-DBB6-4027-B321-A848B5AC6280/0/MWMIK.JPG

I noticed they also said in the UK announcement that: -

DML has also recently been awarded a separate contract for a number of MEP (Military Enhancement Programme) vehicles. These are 6x6 load carrying all-terrain vehicles based on the same technology as MWMIK.
So Australia is not the only User of this Loggie version! :rolleyes:

Regards,

BUG

RegR

I doubt NZSAS would be getting this veh as they have the pinzgauer 6x6 SOV which they used in Afghan and performed well. Although the nary does look abit more rugged, more like a small truck really, looks like a fun peice of kit.

Cadredave

The Bunker Group
Verified Defense Pro
I doubt NZSAS would be getting this veh as they have the pinzgauer 6x6 SOV which they used in Afghan and performed well. Although the nary does look abit more rugged, more like a small truck really, looks like a fun peice of kit.
Dont count on it the Pinz is now a orphan the NZ Army can not get parts from automotive in the UK as they have ceased production of our model of the Pinz, the group are looking for a replacement it makes sense to purchase the same vehicle that 22 & SASR have soley for logistics reasons. Also QAMR are to lose there LAV III to 1RNZIR guess what vehicles they will get in the very near future pinz 6x6 SOV.

RegR

haha isnt that just moving the problem from one unit to another and solving nothing. Does make sense for SAS to use the same kit as our allies as they usually work away from mainstream kiwi deployments and would definitely ease logistics and 'borrowing' spares.
So QAMR going to light recon role? Myabe alittle gutted at losing their LAVs. thought they might splash out on some dedicated armoured ISTAR wagons that were maybe not as large as NZLAV but alittle more protected then a open top SOV. The supacat is a gucci peice of kit and I do still lke the pinny SOV so i guess in a way both units win (depending on the role).