Go Back   DefenceTalk Forum - Military & Defense Forums > Global Defense & Military > Missiles & WMDs

Defense News
Land, Air & Naval Forces

Military Photos
Latest Military Pictures
Defense Reports
Aerospace & Defence

mystery plume

This is a discussion on mystery plume within the Missiles & WMDs forum, part of the Global Defense & Military category; Hello All, I have found a picture (see attached) in which I noticed that there is a very odd fire ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old August 18th, 2016   #1
Just Hatched
Private
No Avatar
Threads:
mystery plume

Hello All,

I have found a picture (see attached) in which I noticed that there is a very odd fire plume in the background of this david sling photo and it doesn't appear to be a missile launch as well due to the shape of it. I was curious what you all thought about it. you can find a high res pic in a washington post article by Ruth Eglash and William Booth on mar 3

Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg AP81269741647.jpg (17.3 KB, 25 views)
Ghostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2016   #2
General
Threads:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostic View Post
Hello All,

I have found a picture (see attached) in which I noticed that there is a very odd fire plume in the background of this david sling photo and it doesn't appear to be a missile launch as well due to the shape of it. I was curious what you all thought about it. you can find a high res pic in a washington post article by Ruth Eglash and William Booth on mar 3

Thanks
Gidday cobber, welcome to the forum. It may just be an artefact in the image. The "plume" appears to be an inverted reflection of a thrust flame without the attendant smoke trail. This could be one explanation for it.
Old September 4th, 2016   #3
Defense Enthusiast
Sergeant
Threads:
You can also find the original on the U.S. DoD Missile Defense Agency media library: DAVID'S SLING, It's in the 2015 group.

1,727 × 1,080 pixels image

And, I have to agree with ngatimozart, it appears to be a reflection artifact.
FormerDirtDart is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: