Welcome to DefenceTalk.com Forum!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mystery plume

Discussion in 'Missiles & WMDs' started by Ghostic, Aug 18, 2016.

Share This Page

1. Ghostic

Ghostic New Member

Hello All,

I have found a picture (see attached) in which I noticed that there is a very odd fire plume in the background of this david sling photo and it doesn't appear to be a missile launch as well due to the shape of it. I was curious what you all thought about it. you can find a high res pic in a washington post article by Ruth Eglash and William Booth on mar 3

Thanks

2. ngatimozart

ngatimozart Super Moderator Staff Member Verified Defense Pro

Gidday cobber, welcome to the forum. It may just be an artefact in the image. The "plume" appears to be an inverted reflection of a thrust flame without the attendant smoke trail. This could be one explanation for it.

3. FormerDirtDart

FormerDirtDart Member

You can also find the original on the U.S. DoD Missile Defense Agency media library: DAVID'S SLING, It's in the 2015 group.

1,727 × 1,080 pixels image

And, I have to agree with ngatimozart, it appears to be a reflection artifact.