United States Options

JonMusser

Assuming all diplomatic options have been taken and Iran or North Korea has Nukes and is threatening to use them on American interest.

what would be The United States best Stratagy to deal with these threats militarily?

i searched for a thread that deals with this and found nothing

i hope some really good military strategy can be shown here on how The United States and the rest of the west deals with this

dragonfire

I think this thread will get derailed

But here's my point

The US will have to eventually stop being a world police organization. It is detrimental to US economically, politically and militarily in being involved in every internal matter of other nations. The UN reforms will take place to include more permanent members which will lead to avoidance of unilateral actions. Almost all the recent major wars can be attributed to the US. This has to stop. The US will have to be a stable world leader as any negative impact in the US reflects on the world nation. The recent world economic recession started in the domestic housing segment of the US defaulting on their loans. The impact was felt not only in the US also across the globe, millions lost their jobs. Extra-national military action of the US will have to stop. What has the war in Iraq really managed to do good for the US morally, world over people have realized the war's primary argument the WMD theory was a sham. The only gain probably was tht the Iraqi oil trading was back in dollars, but not much of gain with lives lost, billions pumped in military resources instead of in the economy. The North Koreans and Iran are not going to attack the US if they are left alone - its simple. The US is too big and advanced to be destroyed by either or both, the hurt that can be handed down to the US pales in comparison to wht the US could do in retaliation. Countries are not kamikaze pilots to crash on to something destroying themselves in the belief that they could damage or take out someone else. All future military interventions (am not naive to say tht they can be avoided totaly) will have to be under the aegis of the UN and with its mandate.

Graniteknighte

I think this thread will get derailed

But here's my point

The US will have to eventually stop being a world police organization. It is detrimental to US economically, politically and militarily in being involved in every internal matter of other nations. The UN reforms will take place to include more permanent members which will lead to avoidance of unilateral actions. Almost all the recent major wars can be attributed to the US. This has to stop. The US will have to be a stable world leader as any negative impact in the US reflects on the world nation. The recent world economic recession started in the domestic housing segment of the US defaulting on their loans. The impact was felt not only in the US also across the globe, millions lost their jobs. Extra-national military action of the US will have to stop. What has the war in Iraq really managed to do good for the US morally, world over people have realized the war's primary argument the WMD theory was a sham. The only gain probably was tht the Iraqi oil trading was back in dollars, but not much of gain with lives lost, billions pumped in military resources instead of in the economy. The North Koreans and Iran are not going to attack the US if they are left alone - its simple. The US is too big and advanced to be destroyed by either or both, the hurt that can be handed down to the US pales in comparison to wht the US could do in retaliation. Countries are not kamikaze pilots to crash on to something destroying themselves in the belief that they could damage or take out someone else. All future military interventions (am not naive to say tht they can be avoided totaly) will have to be under the aegis of the UN and with its mandate.

I agree with you basically 100% except for the fact that the UN is much like the current political situation in Congress(both Houses). They are squabbling paper tigers which will do nothing but whine and bicker at each other and not really get much of anything done- (Think of the League of Nations of the 1920s)

Last edited by a moderator: