FC-1/JF-17 NO.04 will finish it's first test-fly in the end of April.

crocodile

FC-1/JF-17 NO.04 had finish it's assembly and will begin test-fiy in this month.in the end of this year or begining of 2007 will provide 8 fighter to PAF.

crocodile

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
if you can speak chinese you can read those chinese below the picture, it is from a newspaper.

old faithful

The Bunker Group
Verified Defense Pro
nice work croc!

i have been folloeing the FC1,s progress for a while now, and those are the best pics 04 i seen to date, well done croc. the top scetch looks as if 04 could be more capable than i first thought. another 2 hardpoints wouldnt go astray though! good news for those countrys after a replacment for mig21/f7,s. Pak and china could make a few bucks here!

P.A.F

it's looking great. by the way, can anyone just do a short summary on what the chinese bit says?:smash

ajaybhutani

crocodile said:
FC-1/JF-17 NO.04 had finish it's assembly and will begin test-fiy in this month.in the end of this year or begining of 2007 will provide 8 fighter to PAF.
you intend to say that PAF is planning to make its pilots fly an untested plane.. or that within a years time all the requisite airframe tests as well as weapons integration will be over.??sounds improbable either ways.
is that ur personal view or written in the picture ??

suryaaa

crocodile said:
if you can speak chinese you can read those chinese below the picture, it is from a newspaper.
this picture is very hot,actualy by seeing this pic i had re think my opinion.

t.v : resembles f-18

f.v: resembles jsf

:drunk1 :drunk1 :drunk1 :drunk1

crocodile

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
translation of the Chinese below the picture:
in 11 April, FC-1 NO.04 finish a successful engine test. it is a very important step to the test-fly.and our reporter was confirmed that this fighter will begin it's test-fly "in the near future".and after the "first test-fly", this fighter will begin to "batch production".
FC-1 equipped with a advanced avionics system of China. Gu Wei----the vice-designer of this fighter said NO.04 has a lot of improvement than NO.01,NO.02,NO.03, and maintenance more easily. the weight of the NO.04 is 200kg lighter than NO.03, so it can carry more 200kg aviation kerosene. the president of Pakistan said its maneuverability and carrying capacity can compare with F-16.

and the "test-fly in end of April"and "provide 8 FC-1 to PAF in the end of this year" is from some report of "www.china.com". and i think that is enough time for them to do that.

Last edited:

P.A.F

crocodile said:
translation of the Chinese below the picture:
in 14 April, FC-1 NO.04 finish a successful engine test. it is a very important step to the test-fly.and our reporter was confirmed that this fighter will begin it's test-fly "in the near future".and after the "first test-fly", this fighter will begin to "batch production".
FC-1 equipped with a advanced avionics system of China. Gu Wei----the vice-designer of this fighter said NO.04 has a lot of improvement than NO.01,NO.02,NO.03, and maintenance more easily. the weight of the NO.04 is 200kg lighter than NO.03, so it can carry more 200kg aviation kerosene. the president of Pakistan said its maneuverability and carrying capacity can compare with F-16.

and the "test-fly in end of April"and "provide 8 FC-1 to PAF in the end of this year" is from some report of "www.china.com". and i think that is enough time for them to do that.
Thanxs for the translation. anyway the PT-04 looks great. the timescale for future events seems very tight but we will just have to wait and see.

ajaybhutani

crocodile said:
u intend to say that these statements arent a part of the above text?? can u provide the source
secondly you should realise that a lot of hours need to plane clocked before the plane can be certified.. unless of course paf is out of its mind to start inducting an untested plane

P.A.F

ajaybhutani said:
u intend to say that these statements arent a part of the above text?? can u provide the source
secondly you should realise that a lot of hours need to plane clocked before the plane can be certified.. unless of course paf is out of its mind to start inducting an untested plane
ajay.
lets just leave all the calculations to the professionals and people involved i this project. we are not aware of the intense work behind the scenes so you nor me for that mattar are in a position to make comments on if the work will be done i time.

pshamim

Verified Defense Pro
ajaybhutani said:
Ajay, Fc-1/JF-17's earlier prototype has been fflown by PAF Pilots. Current Prototype-4 is to test the DS-1, Lerex, and host of avionics. So far every thing has gone well and now the following test prior is for final test and certify prior to Production. One year is quite a lot of time to take out the kinks and start production. Things with JF-17/FC-1 have gone very well and a dream may become reality quite soon in spite of the misgivings of the few.

We have seen this when YF-16 was tested in 1974 and the production started in 1975. That is precisely going to happen with JF-17-Production 1 year after final test.

ajaybhutani

pshamim said:
Ajay, Fc-1/JF-17's earlier prototype has been fflown by PAF Pilots. Current Prototype-4 is to test the DS-1, Lerex, and host of avionics. So far every thing has gone well and now the following test prior is for final test and certify prior to Production. One year is quite a lot of time to take out the kinks and start production. Things with JF-17/FC-1 have gone very well and a dream may become reality quite soon in spite of the misgivings of the few.

We have seen this when YF-16 was tested in 1974 and the production started in 1975. That is precisely going to happen with JF-17-Production 1 year after final test.
this new prototype has major changes in its airframe. so a lot of tests will have to be redone.
i am not against production news.. i am against news that its given to PAF. PAF cannot start inducting it in 2007. as 1 year is not nough to finish up both flight envelope tests as well as weapons integration.
About YF-16.. you are missing a few facts here.
YF16 was a tech demonstrator program .The F-16A, a single-seat model, first flew in December 1976. The first operational F-16A was delivered in January 1979 to the 388th Tactical Fighter.
that gives it 5 years of flight tests (74 79) and it had no radar guided weapons .

ajaybhutani

Big-E said:
The top-down looks like the VIPER, but not from the side, is it superior to the F-16?
if we just compare the airframes from the first plane F16 is staticallycurrent unstable giving it high agility.. while JF17 isnt.furthermore the latest F16's host stuff like much radars (AESA) , much better engine, and payload than JF17. then again the cost is up too.
If you have the money . you will surely buy F16 over JF17.. but market for JF17 is big as there are a lot of countries which cannot afford F16.

Last edited:

AMITLCA

Well The Picture Is Cool.but I Don't Think This Is Authentic. It Resembles More Like The Jsf .especially The Cross Sectional Part

P.A.F

Big-E said:
The top-down looks like the VIPER, but not from the side, is it superior to the F-16?
Some compare it to be 70-80% as capable as the F-16's from the earlier blocks. we will find out how capible it is once it hits the skys for action