Go Back   DefenceTalk Forum - Military & Defense Forums > Global Defense & Military > Intros & Off Topic

Defense News
Land, Air & Naval Forces

Military Photos
Latest Military Pictures
Defense Reports
Aerospace & Defence

STEM in Aust School(s)

This is a discussion on STEM in Aust School(s) within the Intros & Off Topic forum, part of the Global Defense & Military category; Hi all, I'll preface this by saying that I am a Science Teacher at a reasonably well resourced secondary school ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old March 22nd, 2017   #1
Defense Enthusiast
Sergeant
No Avatar
Threads:
STEM in Aust School(s)

Hi all,

I'll preface this by saying that I am a Science Teacher at a reasonably well resourced secondary school in Sydney, and am also in a position to help shape how we tackle STEM going forward. It strikes me that the defence industry is one of the few parts of the Australian economy capable of operating in the high-technology space, so I'd be really interested in the views of those already working in it, or any other pertinent fields.

What skills, qualities and/or capabilities do you think school based STEM initiatives should be pursuing? Are there any (perhaps industry backed) programs that have particular merit over others?

Very keen to hear from those "at the coalface" rather than just pursue STEM for its own sake at our school.

Cheers,

Boag

Last edited by Boagrius; March 23rd, 2017 at 02:10 AM. Reason: better onglish
Boagrius is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: