J-10 wins in dogfight against su-27

The Watcher

:smokingc: :china

The PLAAF is developing the Jian-10 fighter-bomber (J-10). The plane is reportedly a hybrid of the U.S. F-16 A/B with some Chinese and Israeli Lavi elements. China received a single prototype F-16 from Pakistan and has been working with Israeli Aircraft Industries to develop the plane. The PLAAF is set to deploy the fighters in coastal areas, believing "With ‘J-10’ fighters deployed, it will be able to upgrade its offensive capabilities by a large margin" (Hong Kong Sing Tao Jih Pao 29 May).

The PLAAF expects to have 50 J-10s by 2005. The J-10, displayed at an air show in May, has received rave reviews from the pilots flying them. Wing Commander Wang Yunhui, a special-grade Su-27 pilot, praised J-10 aircraft and admitted, "During three rounds of "dog fight" in the mid-air, his Su-27 had lost to a J-10 fighter" (Hong Kong Sing Tao Jih Pao 29 May).

The Su-27’s have had their share of problems, and China’s competitors have noticed. One article out of Taiwan trumpeted, "Four Su-27 fighter planes of the Chinese air force have crashed or have been severely damaged during flight training over the past six months, Taiwanese defense sources said… attributing the poor performance to human error" (Hsu Taipei Times 21 Jun). Again, the training of PLAAF forces remains questionable. Many air forces incorporate the use of flight simulators into pilot training and skills maintenance; however, China only has one adequate Su-27 trainer, forcing many pilots to wait months at a time to gain access. One article reports, "The accidents bring to 15 the number of Chinese air force Su-27s that have been taken out of service due to crashes" (Hsu 21 Jun). The Taiwan press compares the specific training regimens of the two services, "By contrast, a fighter pilot in Taiwan has much more intensive flight training. Trainees are required to fly 15 hours a month, and sometimes fly as much as 20 hours" (Hsu 21 Jun).

http://www.airpower.maxwell.af.mil/airchronicles/cc/obrien.html

Roger Smith

The article posted is of 2003 almost a year old.

I feel the statement is meant as a propaganda to show Chinese technology is better than Russian and basically meant for export orientation like countries Pakistan and others.

If the article was submitted by a third country other then China elaborating J-10 achievements then it would be acceptable. :smokingc:

Panzer

darklegent said:
What on earth can I say :rotfl
Guess then the Chineses shud not manufacture the 250 plus Su-27 :rotfl
:D :D
I agree. why not build additional 250 J-10s if they are so much better.

Roger Smith

Panzer said:
darklegent said:
What on earth can I say :rotfl
Guess then the Chineses shud not manufacture the 250 plus Su-27 :rotfl
:D :D
I agree. why not build additional 250 J-10s if they are so much better.
The article issued on J-10 by the Chinese are totally BS, if JDW (Janes Defence Weekly) or any other credible military media state the same, then the news is worth its weight.

For the time, I can discount the article by 100%, as China has been duplicating Russian technology for the past 40% and suddenly over night the Chinese are superior in technology by surpassing Su-27 through Kung Fu or something else., sounds like crazy!!!!! :D

Roger Smith

It is understandable the Chinese Wing Commondar Wang Yumhui a special grade Su-27 pilot will praise J-10, as he is told to do so. You know well in China individual thinking is controlled by the State (China) or the Communist Party.

Secondly, in this era 2004, there is no such thing as aerial dogfight by figher planes, as missiles are projected and locked at their target from a distance of more than 50 miles away.

Roger Smith

jupitor said:
yup for u its only bharatrashkak.com,n hindustatimes credible? isn,t it :smokingc:
I am a Canadian and your remarks to me sounds more strange Russian. .............Dah :? :smokingc:

mysterious

Oh man! Roger, everyone here knows you have an Indian origin, so by definition you're an INDIAN. I just dont know why you are so ashamed to accept it!

Roger Smith

mysterious said:
Oh man! Roger, everyone here knows you have an Indian origin, so by definition you're an INDIAN. I just dont know why you are so ashamed to accept it!
Mys.......The subject is J-10 & Su-27 and not me.

I have mentioned in my earlier posting I am a Canadian though have Indian and Pakistani connection, but now I am a PURE CANADIAN and my MAPLE LEAF...................dah!!!!!!!! :smokingc:

mysterious

No prb. Lets just keep this forum conflict free cuz there's already too much conflict in the real world between this and between that to witness. We dont need more over here!

mukul

Well the person is from chinese , therefore it will what its govt intended to say...

Second thing is IF J10 is superior to Su-27 then why chinese giong after Su27 rather then J10

Third, Chinese don;t even have the capacity to make high altitude engine test facility ..... so the country which can't make engines ....... makes worlds best fighters...

Sounds logic.......... their is no independent verification of chinese claims , like claims from third country or nutural observers .....

Chinese are so nurvous about thier tech that , they didn;t even told the show launching it manned roctet and only release reports to chinese people when it landed safely.

[Mod edit: mukul please try to keep within the circle of respect whilst making your posts]

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
Lets just ease up on the anti-chinese rhetoric, after all, we know how offended everyone gets when they think their own country has been maligned

It's an international forum, as such every nationality deserves respect - irrespective of personal issues.