Who Do You Think Will Be Involved In World War 3?

ltdanjuly10

I can tell you exactly who was involved in WW3 (50 Year War, Cold War)
US
NATO
Japan
South Korea
China (after Sino Soviet Split
South Vietnam
Israle
Various proxy states
VS
Soviet Union
Warsaw Pact
China (prior to Sino Soviet Split)
North Korea
South Korea
Syria
Various proxy states
And its outcome
Capitalism, Liberty and Defense Industry win
Communism, Lenin Statues and Collage Professors lose

As for world war 4...?

AMERICANMAN

Banned Member
I can tell you exactly who was involved in WW3 (50 Year War, Cold War)
US
NATO
Japan
South Korea
China (after Sino Soviet Split
South Vietnam
Israle
Various proxy states
VS
Soviet Union
Warsaw Pact
China (prior to Sino Soviet Split)
North Korea
South Korea
Syria
Various proxy states
And its outcome
Capitalism, Liberty and Defense Industry win
Communism, Lenin Statues and Collage Professors lose

As for world war 4...?
Communism a failed poltical system was responsible for 93 million deaths.

Estimated number of victims
The introduction, by editor Stéphane Courtois, asserts that "...Communist regimes...turned mass crime into a full-blown system of government". He cites a death toll which totals 94 million, not counting the "excess deaths" (decrease of the population due to lower than-expected birth rates). The breakdown of the number of deaths given by Courtois is as follows:

65 million in the People's Republic of China
20 million in the Soviet Union[3]
2 million in Cambodia
2 million in North Korea
1.7 million in Africa
1.5 million in Afghanistan
1 million in the Communist states of Eastern Europe
1 million in Vietnam[4]
150,000 in Latin America
10,000 deaths "resulting from actions of the international Communist movement and Communist parties not in power."(p. 4)

compared to Russia and China USA is just not in the race when it comes to body counts.

T.C.P

chinese technology is advance as the US. Russia has no more venom except for it reputation being a former superpower. China has all the minds, technology, money, manpower to match the US.
Russia has no more venom? Russia has enough ready nuclear war heads and new and advance systems to deploy them, like the Iskander and Topol M to blow up half the world in an instants notice. And not to mention nuclear subs like the Nerpa and Akula class, Nuclear capable super cruisers and of course TU-160s and Tu-22Ms with WMDs.

Forget WMDs even in conventional war fare Russia has more bite than you know. And the state of its military is rapidly improving compare the state of their military in 2001 to the current state, huge difference in terms of proffesional readiness and numbers and stateof modern equipment. If WW3 is after 25 years and Russia can maintain their steady rate of economic and military growth then we are talking about a Russian military second only to the U.S in terms of modern military might.

China's technology doesnt even come close to the Americans. No matter how much I hate it the fact is that the U.S is decades ahead of China when it comes to military technology in some crucial areas.

Last edited:

T.C.P

It would be interesting to see where south Asia would stand. Nepal, Bhutan will go for India, Myanmer for China, but cant be sure of my country's position. There are a lot of people who would want to join China's side and the military is in most cases anti Indian. But currently the ruling party is pro Indian but has excellent relatons with China and the U.S. Being surrounded in three sides by India would it be feasible and logical not to support India? I mean if we go against India all India has to do is to shut down all the water flowing from the shared rivers, close the border and put an embargo on us to make us go hay wire.

And also If we support India in WW3 India would support us against Myanmer and I am certain that war will break up between Bangladesh and Myanmer if the West cannot stop Myanmer's nuclear ambitions. Recently both the country's have embarked on what can only be described as an arms race although the govt prevents the media from saying to much about it to prevent the country from going paranoid. One only has to talk to a few guys from our military to know what is really going on. In 2010 alone both country's started going for defence deals larger than ever before. Bangladesh has currently started hosting joint excercises with the U.S and south Korea every month in preparation of joint war. The military expects to receive U.S air support and military aid in event of a war with Myanmer, it will be interesting to see what will really happen

Belesari

In a WWIII situation russia is screwed. In 15 to 20 year russia will have a VERY large problem.

Most of its people will probably be imigrants of muslim originating countries. Russia like alot of countries in Europe is having a die off in population not enough babies to replace everyone. Its REALLY bad in russia.

So given Russia has always depended on a conscript force and has at present no as far as i understand it real NCO corps they are screwed ifa proffesional army attacks they just wont have the numbers.

Also im not sure how up to date or how well maintained those russian ICBM's are.

WAIT

Before bashing me realize im not bashing or putting down russia or waving the flag (which everyone will do its healthy- well in most countries.).

All im stating is that russia is in a bit worse shape than most think its got alot of problems starting with the fact most of its money is going into the hands of a select few STUPIDLY rich men.

We brought free market to russia when the wall fell unfortunatly we also brought peoples unrealistic ideas on how to fix things.

ASIDE and NOT PC: There seems to be a portion of american politicans and policy holders who dont quite live in reality. They dont acknowledge their mistakes and see only evils of capitalism and racism and other isms when there plans fail. Thus russia. Not that communism is easy to get over.

T.C.P

In a WWIII situation russia is screwed. In 15 to 20 year russia will have a VERY large problem.

Most of its people will probably be imigrants of muslim originating countries. Russia like alot of countries in Europe is having a die off in population not enough babies to replace everyone. Its REALLY bad in russia.

So given Russia has always depended on a conscript force and has at present no as far as i understand it real NCO corps they are screwed ifa proffesional army attacks they just wont have the numbers.

Also im not sure how up to date or how well maintained those russian ICBM's are.

WAIT

Before bashing me realize im not bashing or putting down russia or waving the flag (which everyone will do its healthy- well in most countries.).

All im stating is that russia is in a bit worse shape than most think its got alot of problems starting with the fact most of its money is going into the hands of a select few STUPIDLY rich men.

We brought free market to russia when the wall fell unfortunatly we also brought peoples unrealistic ideas on how to fix things.

ASIDE and NOT PC: There seems to be a portion of american politicans and policy holders who dont quite live in reality. They dont acknowledge their mistakes and see only evils of capitalism and racism and other isms when there plans fail. Thus russia. Not that communism is easy to get over.
From recent reports I can make out that the TOPOL-Ms and Submarine launch ICBMS are in pretty good shape.
True though Russia is suffering from serious BABY crisis.:D

Belesari

From recent reports I can make out that the TOPOL-Ms and Submarine launch ICBMS are in pretty good shape.
True though Russia is suffering from serious BABY crisis.:D
Yea there working on there new ones im sure and from what i hear they are serious about getting back into the sub buisness again. But i just wonder about all those ICBM's and there health.

antiair

I think Turkey would have an important role; the bore mineral and the seaways... But i can't tell on whose side would she be; after all, it's not completely an eastern or western or nothern or southern country, it's the center...

T.C.P

I think Turkey would have an important role; the bore mineral and the seaways... But i can't tell on whose side would she be; after all, it's not completely an eastern or western or nothern or southern country, it's the center...
Turkey is a NATO member and is currently trying to get into the EU. If it is going to be war between the U.S and Europe vs China, Russia and India, Turkey will be on NATO's side.

T.C.P

Here's a thing I don't get, If Russia is suffering from such acute "Baby Crisis" then why is it letting American's adopt their children and reduce the no. of the future force.:confused:

antiair

Turkey is a NATO member and is currently trying to get into the EU. If it is going to be war between the U.S and Europe vs China, Russia and India, Turkey will be on NATO's side.
what makes u think that NATO will still exist? I don't believe that there will be an all-out war as long as nato and the eu exist. then again, Eu is alredy struggling... I'm pretty sure Turkey will be under marshal law in case of a world war, and i'm pretty sure that Turkey won't join the war on the USA side. I also believe that Europe and US will be on opposing sides. A world war means reality, the downfall of the current system and alliances, a war between facism and freedom (the first two proove me right...). So it probably wouldn't form expected alliances, more likely, unusual blocks. At least thats what i think.

Waylander

Defense Professional
Verified Defense Pro
If in case of war the military takes control of Turkey it is more likely that Turkey supports it's NATO allies than it is under the current civilian government. Even today the military is much more NATO/USA friendly than the rest of the country.

As for the EU and US fighting against each other. The two world wars don't prove anything because the US was allied with a considerable number of european nations during both world wars.
Today there is no region (maybe apart from the land of Oz) in the world which matches more naturally with the US than western europe.

antiair

If in case of war the military takes control of Turkey it is more likely that Turkey supports it's NATO allies than it is under the current civilian government. Even today the military is much more NATO/USA friendly than the rest of the country.

As for the EU and US fighting against each other. The two world wars don't prove anything because the US was allied with a considerable number of european nations during both world wars.
Today there is no region (maybe apart from the land of Oz) in the world which matches more naturally with the US than western europe.
Well i'm Turkish and i think it's safe to say that the TAF won't be on the USA side if everything goes down. The armed forces is not really fond of the US believe me... The WW examples were to show that the fight was against facism and emperialism, and u tell me which country is currently playing the Nazi role...;) In a possible world war, the balances won't stay as the current alliances. After all, the breaking of those alliances might very well be the reason of a world war in the first place. Again, this is a whole bunch of predictions and "if"s, so there's no right or wrong. This is how i think.

oh, one more thing; i think you're right about Nato allies, Turkey will remain alongside them, i think. BUT, i don't believe the name NATO will continue to exist. GB joins the US side, Russia joins the European side, Iran goes along with the European side and attacks the US forces in Afghanistan and Iraq etc etc.... Russia might seem absurd, but they did actually save Europe from Nazi tyrany after all. Just, think about what i'm saying before u say anything, really, it's not that impossible :)

T.C.P

Well i'm Turkish and i think it's safe to say that the TAF won't be on the USA side if everything goes down. The armed forces is not really fond of the US believe me... The WW examples were to show that the fight was against facism and emperialism, and u tell me which country is currently playing the Nazi role...;) In a possible world war, the balances won't stay as the current alliances. After all, the breaking of those alliances might very well be the reason of a world war in the first place. Again, this is a whole bunch of predictions and "if"s, so there's no right or wrong. This is how i think.

oh, one more thing; i think you're right about Nato allies, Turkey will remain alongside them, i think. BUT, i don't believe the name NATO will continue to exist. GB joins the US side, Russia joins the European side, Iran goes along with the European side and attacks the US forces in Afghanistan and Iraq etc etc.... Russia might seem absurd, but they did actually save Europe from Nazi tyrany after all. Just, think about what i'm saying before u say anything, really, it's not that impossible :)
Wow Russia with Europe!!!! The Soviet Union never tried to save Europe, Being communists they despised the West. In the beginning of WW2 the Soviet and the Nazis were friendly( well not exactly friendly, lets just say that they had a weak alliance of convenience). The Soviets joined WW2 because the Germans invaded first and since they were at war the Nazis, the Soviets once again created another alliance of convenience with the U.S and the U.K. The soviets fought against the Germans for their own interests that had nothing to do with saving Europe, in fact Stalin wanted Germany to destroy western Europe and themselves in the process.

Waylander

Defense Professional
Verified Defense Pro
Playing the Nazi card on the US is way over the top. Or do you want you country to be compared to Germany of 33-45? It's not like one couldn't find some dark spots on the Turkish vest, too.

And the idea that Russia and Iran would unite with europe against the US is laughable. What evidence is there for it? Apart from economics where does europe really works together with Russia? No, europe wants to have peace, stability and a trade partner on it's eastern border, nothing more. There is no evidence from the past that indicates that the US is out and Russia is in. Not in our governments and not in our populations.

And Iran? The same Iran that is under pressure from the EU to give up it's nuclear weapons program and got concemmed for dealing so harshly with protestors? I remember that for example Sarkozy said, with a look to Iran, that everybody who attacks France or it's close allies with WMDs gets a present by the force de frappe.

Your ideas sound like wishfull thinking of somebody with a hatred of the US and not like realistic ideas.

Jissy

I know Tawain isn't part of PRC, thats why I said ROC. Did you actually read my post? Australia and New Zealand key word going to be. Tawain was part of China. New Zealand never was. I didn't say Tawain is territory of PRC don't put words in my mouth. I said Tawain is part of China. North and South Korea, they are still Korean in the end and are Korea.

I studied the ROC and PRC debate at university for over 2 years now, I know clearly and well what I'm debating about. All the examples you give (except Korea) are totally different to this debate.

I'm not going to reply to your next post. Cause this is off topic already. You have your thoughts but I have my facts.
Actually, New Zealand was originally under the governing control of the Governor of New South Wales, before Australia's federation of its States.

And in regards to other people's assertions here, China could take complete control of Taiwan any time it wishes to. Taiwan is completely and utterly out gunned by China, all nations in our region are!

Vega

Wow, there sure is a lot of delusions of grandeur in this thread. Someone said that China is on the same level as the US in military strength? I hope that wasn't a serious statement.

I personally do not think there will be a WW III. Both previous World Wars where at times when communications and ideas about dufferent countries where archaic. After seeing the tremendous plague on humanity that was the previous World Wars, I don't think anybody is really eager to press the big red button.

Really the only true trouble makers out there are Iran and Noth Korea. Both can be isolated and taken care of relatively quickly by the rest of the world. I don't think China and the US would ever really go into a full blown conflict over Taiwan. The US and China are so interlinked with trade and consumption that it would severly hurt both sides.

We buy the Chinese junk by the trillions of dollars over the years and they need us to keep buying all their junk in order to expand. China is truely only Communist in name these days.

Locarnus

I personally do not think there will be a WW III. Both previous World Wars where at times when communications and ideas about dufferent countries where archaic. After seeing the tremendous plague on humanity that was the previous World Wars, I don't think anybody is really eager to press the big red button.

Really the only true trouble makers out there are Iran and Noth Korea. Both can be isolated and taken care of relatively quickly by the rest of the world. I don't think China and the US would ever really go into a full blown conflict over Taiwan. The US and China are so interlinked with trade and consumption that it would severly hurt both sides.

We buy the Chinese junk by the trillions of dollars over the years and they need us to keep buying all their junk in order to expand. China is truely only Communist in name these days.

1. About the archaic times, someone 70 years ago might have said the same about 70 years earlier, and 70 years from now, someone might say it about our time.
WW I ended only 15 years before WW II started, the memories were still fresh "but" WW II started anyway.

2. I d like to know what criteria constitute Iran and NK as troublemakers, or even the only ones.
About China and US I agree to some extent.

3. Depends on the definition. I have yet to see a nation which is "truly" communist.

Jissy

There are only two rouge countries in the world that will must be invloved in World War 3. They are

United States of America
Israel
That is one of the more absurd statements I have read on this site...
I can only hope the moderator removes it forthwith.