Should Germany become a military superpower again?

Should Germany become a military superpower again?

• Yes it should.

Votes: 66 49.6%
  • No it should not.

Votes: 67 50.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Waylander

Defense Professional
Verified Defense Pro
IIRC at least parts of the original FCS were Canadian and the tracks are made by a joint venture including Diehl.

One would be surprised of how many parts of modern western equipment is sourced from other countries.
Some month ago I read an interesting article in the Financial Times Germany about this.

kato

The Bunker Group
Verified Defense Pro
For small parts... the AN/VDR-2 radiation detection system on the Abrams (also being the standard US Army/Navy vehicle radiation detection set) was developed and provided by Aptec.

Aptec is a Canadian company which was bought up in the late 90s by Eurisys Measures (a French company with plants in France, Germany and... China) and is now owned by French nuclear giant AREVA. Now part of Areva's subsidiary Canberra.

The M250 smoke dispensers are British L8A1 btw.

AtmacA

If Germany increases army spendings and number of its soldiers that would be against Russia,not against poland france or us. If russia becomes unable to maintain being a hi-tech arms producer and arm themselves with better navy and air force Germany can easily dominate eastern europe.Occupying natural gas reserves would be helpful to whole Eurepean union.Such a move would be supported by whole EU,but what about UK and USA?I dont know how these 2 countries react against new ruler of eastern europe?İ dont know...

Armoredpriapism

Does Germany have the demographics for that? They're surrounded by countries who can really rough em up, no to mention Russia. Their products are very expensive, too, so how would they manage to get a GDP per capita many times higher than that of larger countries?

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
Post Reported as breaching Forum Rules on "X vs Y" principles

Under review by Mod Team

Status
Not open for further replies.