Saudi Arabia & Russia Sign Military Cooperation Agreement

Feanor

Super Moderator
Staff member
"They" typically do...

Perhaps we should check their Zackat again...
I'm hearing that reference again, but I'm not sure what you're referring to. What is Zakat (Закат I'm assuming) and what does it have to do with the Saudi military?

Feanor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Then what does it have to do with purchases of weapons? Or are we suggesting that the Saudi's are purchasing Russian weapons so they can donate them to Yemen?

Blue Streak

Banned Member
Then what does it have to do with purchases of weapons? Or are we suggesting that the Saudi's are purchasing Russian weapons so they can donate them to Yemen?
Feanor Don't worry Chief; I didn't know what Zakat meant either until I came to Saudi.

Put in the most simplest of terms, Zakat is a charitable obligation every Muslim is obliged to pay to pay in cash too their local Imam in support their immediate community. Within Saudi Arabia, a rich country with a very comfortble Social Insurance System and a tradition of inrtrinsic family values; there is very little need for such charity.

Thus every Friday, the Mosques litterally produce Millions of Riyals in donations; which are turned by some of the 8 million Pakistanis here in Saudi into US Dollars, finding their way in serious numbers to Wazristan, Khyber, Bajaur and the Swat Valley.

It's so simple, it goes through so many hands we can't track it properly and we always know the ISI are at the end of it.

Forget the Taliban.
Cut the Saudi funds and destroy the Pakistani ISI - And we'll win the 'War on Terror'

Blue Streak

Banned Member
Getting back to the original point...

Sherlock work Moderator Feanor

- I'm very much suggesting Saudi is buying kit for the Yemen.Indeed, I and several other websites Professional Web Sources are suggesting a serious conflict.

eckherl

The Bunker Group
Verified Defense Pro
Saudi could never intergrate Russian kit into Peace Shield.

Saudi just wants to outprice Iran.
Okay, but I would think that long term Russia would look at economic oppurtunities and obligations that it has with Iran instead of being offered a huge some of currency from the Saudi Kingdom. I was wondering what they were going to do with the S300 when Russia delivers the systems, or do you think that they will never leave Russian soil with the agreement that they do not sell or give them to someone else without prior approval.

Feanor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well the rumor is that Saudi's want choppers, T-90s, BMP-3s, and S-400s. It would be interesting to see if they get the S-400 because the production lines for it currently are backlogged by MoD orders. The choppers they do infact want, and they were negoatiated unrelated to this deal earlier. I wonder if the Saudi's would settle for S-300PMU2 (the ones currently meant for Iran) rather then S-400... that would make the whole thing fit together.

eckherl

The Bunker Group
Verified Defense Pro
Yes, chopper deal is all but delivered, Blue Streak did bring up a interesting observation inregards to how could the Kindom possibly augment either S300 or 400 series into the current defense system. This will be rather interesting.

Feanor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Could it be that for example the National Guard switches to Russian gear?

Blue Streak

Banned Member
...I was wondering what they were going to do with the S300 when Russia delivers the systems, or do you think that they will never leave Russian soil with the agreement that they do not sell or give them to someone else without prior approval.
They won't even be delivered.

The fundamental Saudi (and other's) objective is to ensure that the S300 never is delivered to Iran.

Blue Streak

Banned Member
Well the rumor is that Saudi's want choppers, T-90s, BMP-3s, and S-400s. It would be interesting to see if they get the S-400 because the production lines for it currently are backlogged by MoD orders. The choppers they do infact want, and they were negoatiated unrelated to this deal earlier. I wonder if the Saudi's would settle for S-300PMU2 (the ones currently meant for Iran) rather then S-400... that would make the whole thing fit together.
As I said earlier, is maybe some of this kit meant for a third party?

Yemen's stability is in Saudi's interest; T-90s and BMP-3s would be a more than welcome addition to Yemen Government forces.

S400 is an Iranian dream, that Saudi Arabia is more than eager to financially scupper.

Blue Streak

Banned Member
Yes, chopper deal is all but delivered, Blue Streak did bring up a interesting observation inregards to how could the Kindom possibly augment either S300 or 400 series into the current defense system. This will be rather interesting.
What a battle winning idea - lets add Russian air defence instructure into US developed Peace Shield air defence network...

Almost as bright an idea as adding British Racal Radios to Saudi M1A2 Abrams...

Blue Streak

Banned Member
Could it be that for example the National Guard switches to Russian gear?

It's possible. But we would be looking at a huge change in doctrine, not to mention the extra training implications. And I'm certain the RSLF would have a problem with SANG gaining a mechanised armoured capability - if not more.

eckherl

The Bunker Group
Verified Defense Pro
What a battle winning idea - lets add Russian air defence instructure into US developed Peace Shield air defence network...

Almost as bright an idea as adding British Racal Radios to Saudi M1A2 Abrams...
Never stated that and pretty much agree with you on what would be the point in implementing it.

Tavarisch

Blue Streak, just so you know I'm a Muslim myself, and I did not intend to offend the Saudis. It was meant to be a simple joke. I apologize if you found it offensive.

Feanor

Super Moderator
Staff member
S400 is an Iranian dream, that Saudi Arabia is more than eager to financially scupper.
Iran will not get the S-400. No way. Even close allies like Kazkhstan (yes at this point a close ally) are getting S-300PMU2 refurb. from RuA stocks. The production lines are backlogged, and there is no way Iran will even be offered the option. I'm hesitant to say that the Saudi's will flat out not get the S-400 (assuming they are actually asking for it), but I don't see it as likely. Them buying out the S-300PMU2s meant for Iran is far more likely, and would make more sense.

jaffo4011

Feanor Don't worry Chief; I didn't know what Zakat meant either until I came to Saudi.

Put in the most simplest of terms, Zakat is a charitable obligation every Muslim is obliged to pay to pay in cash too their local Imam in support their immediate community. Within Saudi Arabia, a rich country with a very comfortble Social Insurance System and a tradition of inrtrinsic family values; there is very little need for such charity.

Thus every Friday, the Mosques litterally produce Millions of Riyals in donations; which are turned by some of the 8 million Pakistanis here in Saudi into US Dollars, finding their way in serious numbers to Wazristan, Khyber, Bajaur and the Swat Valley.

It's so simple, it goes through so many hands we can't track it properly and we always know the ISI are at the end of it.

Forget the Taliban.
Cut the Saudi funds and destroy the Pakistani ISI - And we'll win the 'War on Terror'
unfortunately this has occured in the recent past in the u.s,when many uninformed u.s citizens donated cash in a similar fashion to fund ira and republican actions against the uk....and they were also supposed to be allies.......it seems that sometimes'fantasy' support to the land of your religion or'forefathers' exists in all races/countries around the world whether from a democracy or not......