Pakistans Modernization

adsH

P.A.F said:
Also getting these:)

TOW-2A missiles
This is a Sick weapon it can penetrate all sort of armour is it Depleted Uranium tipped? it should Blast a hole in any Armour and then later Detonate. the benefit is that the ERD is useless when this is used. i'm sure its clever enough to avoid ERD Areas and attack through where a russian tank is most vulnerable. Once it penetrates the primary Armour it makes a mess of things. Oh rite this is something you use on a Top of the line Russian Armored Tanks.

adsH

aaaditya said:
which version of sidewinders are pakistan acquiring:confused: :coffee
according to all the reports they are pitching for the AIM-9 M-9 variants. i don't think X is feasible or justifiable from a cost prospective. they could ask for Local Production since this missile has a life associated to it and i doubt the missile would stay in production after USAF has swapped to X. i think PAF has a variant local production. Correct me if'm wrong.

kashifshahzad

Banned Member
adsH said:
according to all the reports they are pitching for the AIM-9 M-9 variants. i don't think X is feasible or justifiable from a cost prospective. they could ask for Local Production since this missile has a life associated to it and i doubt the missile would stay in production after USAF has swapped to X. i think PAF has a variant local production. Correct me if'm wrong.
I think the Aamrams are good with a long range before you fire a sidewinder you will be hit by a Aamram or the other AAM's

A

Aussie Digger

I think Pakistan would be mad not to seek the AIM-9X sidewinder version. The AIM-9M is mid 80's technology. It is not "off boresight" capable and is significantly inferior to the AA-11 Archer missile that PAF would likely be aiming to match. Yes AMRAAM's are a good BVR missile, but they'll be seeking the AIM-120C version no doubt, not the AIM-120A which is also 80's technology...

A fighter aircraft requires both BVR and WVR missiles in the A2A due to their overlapping capabilities. If you are playing "catch up" anyway (as the PAF seems to be) you should seek to actually advance rather than purchase a capability that will not bridge the capability gap that already exists... Most current operators of the AIM-9M (USAF and RAAF amongst others) are or already have upgraded as this missile is no longer capable when compared to it's equivalents.

But hey, that's just me talking...

adsH

Aussie i do get your point, but that was what i got off the media, i could be wrong but PAF ACM refered to it, it could be that he wasn't aware of the newer Missile (highly unlikely) but i would bet anything on that the 9X would be privileged tech for Pakistan at this point in time. I mean we RAF and RAAF are using the ASAARM.i know we have AIM-9's in service but there's going to be a phase out soon. I think). Are you sure M is 80's tech. just wanted to work on that, wasn't it the previously used variant.

it is possible the PAF ACM was not correctly quoted i mean if Raytheon spent hundreds of millions developing the 9X then it would want its original customers to upgrade.

kashifshahzad

Banned Member
Oh no more C-130's cant we get any B-52's yeah i know its a bomber but we dont have any real bomber :( What will hte PAF is going to do with that much C-130's

mysterious

Modern warfare is all about troop mobility kashifshahzad. If you can't move your troops around fast enough, the enemy will nail you in your hole! Thats as simple as I can put it.

The more mobile a force is, the more battle effective it becomes and can even fair against terrible odds owing to this factor of its composition. I'm sure if you read a little bit of history, you'll know why 'mobility' was a defining factor for Pakistani forces in the 1965 war and how they used it to their advantage vis a vis a larger but a relatively immobile force.

Pakistan Air Force is short on transport aircraft as per its operational needs and hence, this deal of C-130 Js!

kashifshahzad

Banned Member
mysterious said:
Modern warfare is all about troop mobility kashifshahzad. If you can't move your troops around fast enough, the enemy will nail you in your hole! Thats as simple as I can put it.

The more mobile a force is, the more battle effective it becomes and can even fair against terrible odds owing to this factor of its composition. I'm sure if you read a little bit of history, you'll know why 'mobility' was a defining factor for Pakistani forces in the 1965 war and how they used it to their advantage vis a vis a larger but a relatively immobile force.

Pakistan Air Force is short on transport aircraft as per its operational needs and hence, this deal of C-130 Js!
Myst no one can deny the advantages of mobility in a war the faster your force is mobilised the faster you get the control of the enemy area and also re-enforce your militery during the battle field . But in my opinion PAF lacks a bomber which should have larger combat radius and can carry heavy payload carpet bombing is effective when the enemies are difficult to be engaged India also have bombers so why cant PAF go for a bomber from any source.I know PAF 's mobility is superior then the Indian mobility in the Air Oceans and also on Land I have also heard reports about the Siachin Glacier that the one who reaches the peak first no matter it is only one soldier it can kill all enemies comming from the other side so mobility of the troops does matter

P.A.F

well kashif. if your dreaming of PAF getting the B-52 bomber or anyother american bomber then stop dreaming now because where not going to get them. if PAF get some sort of bomber then the best they can do is something like Mirage 2000-?, F-15 etc which would be used for ground penetration.

kashifshahzad

Banned Member
P.A.F said:
well kashif. if your dreaming of PAF getting the B-52 bomber or anyother american bomber then stop dreaming now because where not going to get them. if PAF get some sort of bomber then the best they can do is something like Mirage 2000-?, F-15 etc which would be used for ground penetration.
As far as i know is that China has copied Russian bombers i dont know the exect name and types of bombers but China do have bombers they may not have long range combat radius as compared to the US bombers but they are good enough .PAF i think Pakistan in not getting defence equipent only from US there are other countries too like China and France the A-5 upgradation can help for a shorter period of time I think China has upgraded its Q-5(A-5) in this way the age of old planes can be increased