New rifle for Turkish Forces?

DavidDCM

The Bunker Group
Verified Defense Pro
It's a G36, no doubt. It has the standard G36 stock, the look is deceiving due to another weapon behind it. You can clearly see the magazine slot and the handguard which are unmistakebly G36 style and would be impossible to attach to a MG4.

If it is a LMG36 remains unclear, as a bipod can be attached to any standard issue G36 and the LMG36 just has a thicker barrel, which can neither be confirmed nor excluded in this pic.

greywolf109

its the weapon behind the g36 im talking about!:confused: :confused: :confused: now i see why you guys couldnt see my point, the weapon in front is definately in the g/mg36 area..but the weapon behind has the a very similar carry handle/sight but has a gpmg stock...i agree with you guys on the front gun...but tis the one behind which intrigued me??:eek:nfloorl:

orko_8

MKE does not have enough technology and experienced personnel to design and manufacture a modern indigenous assault rifle. IMHO this alone is a proof that the above photo is fake.

It is almost impossible to see anything other than bad copies of HK weapons presented by MKE as indigenous designs in the forthcoming years.

greywolf109

lmao what kind of sad moron photoshops pictures to claim that they are weapons being tested by his country, childish:eek:nfloorl: :eek:nfloorl: :eek:nfloorl: :eek:nfloorl:

well at least we were right about the bg36 and mg4 ROFLMAO

It would be appreciated if you constrained your use of emoticons.

Thank you
/GD

Last edited by a moderator:

Stimpy75

MKE does not have enough technology and experienced personnel to design and manufacture a modern indigenous assault rifle. IMHO this alone is a proof that the above photo is fake.

It is almost impossible to see anything other than bad copies of HK weapons presented by MKE as indigenous designs in the forthcoming years.
and this exactly is the problem,then it´s a copy/licence or indigenous,if they have to pay for it or not:confused:
i know from things i´ve read in the net,that MKEK has some real quality problems on their products,i.e. instead of using selfproduced MG3´s,the infantry uses nowadays the PKM cause it´s not so prone to malfunction,but MG3´s of other nations don´t have that problem like pakistani MG3.
any further informations on that matter are welcome:)
MKEK is reportedly too big,i mean they think about closing some of the factories -"healthy shrinking"-,best would be to turn MKEK to something like ASELSAN or at least to send some smarthead from Aselsan to manage MKEK.
if i come across the info´s, i will share them.

Izzy1

Banned Member
and this exactly is the problem,then it´s a copy/licence or indigenous,if they have to pay for it or not:confused:
i know from things i´ve read in the net,that MKEK has some real quality problems on their products,i.e. instead of using selfproduced MG3´s,the infantry uses nowadays the PKM cause it´s not so prone to malfunction,but MG3´s of other nations don´t have that problem like pakistani MG3.
any further informations on that matter are welcome:)
MKEK is reportedly too big,i mean they think about closing some of the factories -"healthy shrinking"-,best would be to turn MKEK to something like ASELSAN or at least to send some smarthead from Aselsan to manage MKEK.
if i come across the info´s, i will share them.
Bollocks.

Alright Izzy1, enough of the nonsensical one-liners. This counts as a warning.

/GD

Last edited by a moderator:

user name

Banned Member
Guys the Mehemetcik-1 series of rifles is indeed a reality.

Here's a youtube video posted just 1 month ago explaining it with a glimpse into the factory as well.

I'm not allowed to post URLs properly since I don't have 15 posts yet so just copy and paste this into your browser

youtube.com/watch?v=RppWeuqlnRQ

Defence Minister V. Gonul has stated MKEK is producing domestic Turkish design prototypes. They won't pay money to any company for a license of the new rifles.

And I agree with Izzy1 on the above comment.

Last edited:

Stimpy75

Bollocks.
aha and what does it mean?
or is it an insider from a defence proffesinal/analyst?
i know that Aselsan and MKEK are two different companies working in other sectors....but whom am i talking to:nutkick :lul
if you don´t have to submit sth useful keep it to yourself
and to you username, i watched that report on TV and i was really happy to see that,i really can´t wait to see the Mehmetcik-1 getting in service...
but i just hope it will not end like the MG3 or the G-33 which was disliked by the turkish soldiers.

Izzy1

Banned Member
aha and what does it mean?
or is it an insider from a defence proffesinal/analyst?
i know that Aselsan and MKEK are two different companies working in other sectors....but whom am i talking to:nutkick :lul
if you don´t have to submit sth useful keep it to yourself
and to you username, i watched that report on TV and i was really happy to see that,i really can´t wait to see the Mehmetcik-1 getting in service...
but i just hope it will not end like the MG3 or the G-33 which was disliked by the turkish soldiers.
Stimpy, just tell me what Turkish soldier want's to fight with. I personally can see the reason behind the heavy G-3 7.62mm against the AK.

greywolf109

why did he ruin this thread??? anyway back to the subject, i heard news that it was a tachnology transfer from hk, thus no licsence, no nonsence, and, a proper well working weapon

Yasin20

i dont know guys i still dont belive 100% turkish i mean look at it theres not much total difference to it i mean if turkiye wants to make a new assualt rifle i sugest that they should invest in something with same amunition that the enemy uses turkiye needs something like that ive seen one example of rifle useing the same ammo as the ak47 but an american version

greywolf109

you count a new weapon by how it looks, this shows you dont know what you are talking about, hk416 is very much like an m4 but we all know it is completely different!! all i am interested in is, is it gonna be as reliable as the 416

Chino

Defense Professional
Verified Defense Pro
Turkey which has a very long military tradition.

However, has Turkey ever designed its own small arms at all?

Chino

Defense Professional
Verified Defense Pro
Atilla [TR];135296 said:
Early 20th century Turkey use to build there own rifles.
They build rifles, mostly German designs.

I was wondering if they ever built their own indigenous design.