Iranian Airforce

Status
Not open for further replies.

fahj

In a few dais iran air force supported a kind of jet fighter

In a few dais iran air force supported a kind of western and eastern jet fighter in war game for example: F-5,F-4,F-7,MIG 29,SOU 24 AT ALL in day and night.
and hundreds flight done in this dais.

i asked you where country in this area have this capacity?

STURM

When you mean 'capability' do mean the variety of types operated or the size of the formation? Many countries operate multiple types and have the capability to operate large sized formations for parades or air shows. What most countries can't do is operate large formations of fighters in strike packages in real world engagements.

As you know, the reason there are so many types is because of political reasons and circumstances. The first Chinese built fighters were obtained during the war with Iraq simply because nothing else was available, and the Air Force was not impressed with their build quality. The question that remains to be seen is whether in the present political pressure its in, will Iran will be able to buy new fighters from anyone?

Comrade69

Banned Member
Your English is not to good..
I assume your asking what countries surrounding Iran(the Middle East) have a big arsenal and battle ready capabilities?

Pakistan
Israel
Saudi Arabia
and MAYBE Egypt

And IMO the top 2 are Israel and Saudi Arabia...I cant decide which one is better.

welsh1

its a huge acheivement for iran to keep all those planes flying without the support of the producing nations.

if you looked at those pictures 30 years ago you would have said it was an impressive airforce. although number wise its still impressive you would have to question firstly how much flying time each piliot is getting with the troubles with spares they must be facing, along with the obvious question of how the weapon systems and planes would do against potential foes today.

NICO

I have a few comments to make. Actually, quite a few air forces in the region can sustain high tempo operations. For starters, USAF operating out of Saudi Arabia, Kuwait,etc can sustain high ops and so can USN from its carriers. UAE is improving and has acquired the latest gen in fighters and have deployed for ops over Libya so they are getting there. SA should be capable but they need some help so I will give you that one. Egypt should be able to operate on a solid war ops but with the recent upheavals, maybe not. Israel has one the most modern air forces, training and world class aerospace industry, no problem with them operating at a high pace. Turkey is part of NATO and has conducted missions against PKK so they are good. Russia should be good,especially if we are talking war mission along their border. Both Pakistan and India have gone to war with each other and constantly train for real war. India also has trained with the Brits, French and USAF over Red Flag where they did real good. So quite a few countries in the region can operate/generate multiple missions day or night.

Countries that would have a hard time conducting war operations: Iraq,Jordan, Syria, Kuwait, maybe SA.....

As mentioned, bravo to Iran being able to operate such a diverse fleet but this shouldn't distract from the fact that no other air force in the world in their right MIND would operate such a crazy fleet.:D It is a logistical nightmare, none of these fighters have anything in common:parts, ammo, operations, training,etc....NOTHING! One has to ask the question if this would be a real war, how fast would all these jets be grounded? Iran can operate these fighters during peace time and not tell no one how long after this exercise this jets can't fly for maintenance and need to find parts? Iran doesn't advertise their regeneration rate, curious to know after all this flying what happens? Is IRIAF pretty much grounded for a couple of weeks? :confused:

The other problem I have had since viewing these pictures is, as someone else mentioned, they would seem to be taken late 70s, earlier 80s. I follow daily Iran news and posts so I have had some time to make my own conclusions:

- Mig 29s are probably the most dangerous fighter the Iranians have but I seriously doubt they are to the latest Block and/or even close to Mig 35 quality.
- F4s aren't front line fighters anymore. They also are not even close to being upgraded to Turkey 2020 or Germany's ICE upgrade.
-F5s are at best advanced trainers, only useful to give rookie pilots confidence and build up hours.
-F14s are As and according to FlightGlobal Directory, Iran has 25. I think that is generous but no way they have 50 or 60 left like I read somewhere. Again, no upgrade Iran can give them will get them close to D version. They couldn't even start to get them there, they don't have the industry to create new engines like F110 or avionics or even missiles like AMRAAM or new AIM54s.
-Probably the most potent offense weapon would be the 30 or so SU24s. In proper hands, they could be dangerous.

Last but not least, what are the Iranian shows us? We see fighters dropping Snakeyes, firing rockets and guns. All very nice against static targets but we don't see anything resembling a JDAM or LGB being dropped. We don't see or here about coordination between these fighters. Modern air warfare has moved on from what Iran is showing us. Where are the PGMs, cruise missiles, datalinks, modern tactics, UAVs, stealth,etc....???? It takes quite a lot of new technology these days to wage war plus all the systems have to work together and personnel needs to be properly trained. What we see from Iran is at best is a bunch of "stuff" good for internal public consumption but very little in modern combat capability.

This is 2011, not 1977 where Iran still seems to be.

fahj

Your English is not to good..
I assume your asking what countries surrounding Iran(the Middle East) have a big arsenal and battle ready capabilities?

Pakistan
Israel
Saudi Arabia
and MAYBE Egypt

And IMO the top 2 are Israel and Saudi Arabia...I cant decide which one is better.
I think your reading, is not good
These countries directly supported from usa ,but the iran air force is independet in service and maintenence .

fahj

I have a few comments to make. Actually, quite a few air forces in the region can sustain high tempo operations. For starters, USAF operating out of Saudi Arabia, Kuwait,etc can sustain high ops and so can USN from its carriers. UAE is improving and has acquired the latest gen in fighters and have deployed for ops over Libya so they are getting there. SA should be capable but they need some help so I will give you that one. Egypt should be able to operate on a solid war ops but with the recent upheavals, maybe not. Israel has one the most modern air forces, training and world class aerospace industry, no problem with them operating at a high pace. Turkey is part of NATO and has conducted missions against PKK so they are good. Russia should be good,especially if we are talking war mission along their border. Both Pakistan and India have gone to war with each other and constantly train for real war. India also has trained with the Brits, French and USAF over Red Flag where they did real good. So quite a few countries in the region can operate/generate multiple missions day or night.

Countries that would have a hard time conducting war operations: Iraq,Jordan, Syria, Kuwait, maybe SA.....

As mentioned, bravo to Iran being able to operate such a diverse fleet but this shouldn't distract from the fact that no other air force in the world in their right MIND would operate such a crazy fleet.:D It is a logistical nightmare, none of these fighters have anything in common:parts, ammo, operations, training,etc....NOTHING! One has to ask the question if this would be a real war, how fast would all these jets be grounded? Iran can operate these fighters during peace time and not tell no one how long after this exercise this jets can't fly for maintenance and need to find parts? Iran doesn't advertise their regeneration rate, curious to know after all this flying what happens? Is IRIAF pretty much grounded for a couple of weeks? :confused:

The other problem I have had since viewing these pictures is, as someone else mentioned, they would seem to be taken late 70s, earlier 80s. I follow daily Iran news and posts so I have had some time to make my own conclusions:

- Mig 29s are probably the most dangerous fighter the Iranians have but I seriously doubt they are to the latest Block and/or even close to Mig 35 quality.
- F4s aren't front line fighters anymore. They also are not even close to being upgraded to Turkey 2020 or Germany's ICE upgrade.
-F5s are at best advanced trainers, only useful to give rookie pilots confidence and build up hours.
-F14s are As and according to FlightGlobal Directory, Iran has 25. I think that is generous but no way they have 50 or 60 left like I read somewhere. Again, no upgrade Iran can give them will get them close to D version. They couldn't even start to get them there, they don't have the industry to create new engines like F110 or avionics or even missiles like AMRAAM or new AIM54s.
-Probably the most potent offense weapon would be the 30 or so SU24s. In proper hands, they could be dangerous.

Last but not least, what are the Iranian shows us? We see fighters dropping Snakeyes, firing rockets and guns. All very nice against static targets but we don't see anything resembling a JDAM or LGB being dropped. We don't see or here about coordination between these fighters. Modern air warfare has moved on from what Iran is showing us. Where are the PGMs, cruise missiles, datalinks, modern tactics, UAVs, stealth,etc....???? It takes quite a lot of new technology these days to wage war plus all the systems have to work together and personnel needs to be properly trained. What we see from Iran is at best is a bunch of "stuff" good for internal public consumption but very little in modern combat capability.

This is 2011, not 1977 where Iran still seems to be.

I have some pics next show you to believe iran air force

what you think about iran industrial factory and military factory?
Just the industrial of iran produced almost the 2 milion kind of car in one year and have many military factory produced kind of
military device .Are added some the univercity supported them.

NICO

I have some pics next show you to believe iran air force

what you think about iran industrial factory and military factory?
Just the industrial of iran produced almost the 2 milion kind of car in one year and have many military factory produced kind of
military device .Are added some the univercity supported them.
I am happy to here that Iran can produce 2 million cars a year. What does that have to do with Iran producing a missile of the caliber of AMRAAM or AIM9X? Can that industrial capability help them upgrade F14s? MIG 29S?

I am sure Iran has universities, that still doesn't mean they have the R&D to develop a new fighter.

I read Iran news and blogs ALMOST DAILY so I am very much aware of what is published in Iran.

NICO

These countries directly supported from usa ,but the iran air force is independet in service and maintenence .
I think everyone is entitled to his/her opinion and respect. You are a bit difficult to understand because of your english but I still try to respond to your posts just like COMRADE69 did.

You can't disassociate the USA from the region or from its allies when it suites you or Iran by the way. If you have a scenario or outline where these countries would go to war and NOT be supported be the USA, I don't know about the rest of the people on DT but I would be interested in hearing it and discussing it in a proper and civilized way.

As far as I am concerned, Israel, SA, Kuwait, UAE, etc... to name just a few would in all likely hood receive help/support from USA to conduct military operations. That to me just seems to be the facts of life.

Comrade69

Banned Member
You guys have all foreign equipment just like these other countries.

Except the difference is Saudi Arabia for example has fighters like the Eurofighter Typhoon, a very advanced 4.5 generation Jet which can take out any plane Iran has.

Sure you guys might maintain your fleet independently but the fact is the equipment is too old and not competitive

Comrade69

Banned Member
fahj what are you trying to prove?

I say you guys got old planes and you show me pics of old planes...

Here is Saudi Arabian planes:

Theres also talks they will be buying the F-15SE in the future..

Status
Not open for further replies.