Indian MCA Discussion (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aliph Ahmed

Banned Member
How much will the LCA cost per aircraft? Also, when will it be inducted into the air force?
First lot of 20 by 2012.
Second lot of another 20 by 2016.

Both first and second lots will be incapable of combat.

Third lot in 2025.

Estimate vary from $25 million per piece to as much as $50 million per piece.

DefConGuru

First lot of 20 by 2012.
Second lot of another 20 by 2016.

Both first and second lots will be incapable of combat.

Third lot in 2025.

Estimate vary from $25 million per piece to as much as $50 million per piece.
This definitely doesn't sound like a backbone fighter at those numbers, if anything it's an elaborate research program that does nothing but allow for more foreign procurement.

Also priced a little low for a "4.5" gen...

AESA radar? Stealth characteristics? At that price and those numbers?????

:confused:

yess

if you care to read previous mails you will know that..
PAK-FA is meant to be a air dominance fighter comparable to the raptor and is meant to replace mig-29 and su-30 mki.
MCA is to mainly a ground attack a/c comparable to f-35 lighteneing 2.....and is supposed to replace mig-27, jaguars, mirages.
India has built LCA which is a 4.5 gen aircraft and contains 40% composites and has partial stealth characteristics.
There are speculations that India has developed indegenously Radar absorbing paint which will also be used on LCA.
:rel:grab:rotfl
i should say a lot of wishful thinking.. its very easy for fanboys to categorize 4++ 4.5 5th generation according to their own ego satisfaction.. PAK-FA is only 1.5 times better then Su-30 MKI (according to indian source) so i would say its fair to campier it with F-35 and leave F-22 for another decade.. PAK-FA or Su-50 will be inducted aroud 2015 in RuAF and 2016 in IAF and 2016+ Brazil AF (just my estimated guess)... so how is it replacing MKI? is MKI that cr*p that it needs replacement in little more then a decade?
moving on to MCA.... lol.. first Drdo has to finnish LCA thats another 1.5 decades and then MCA will come in to the picture if ever such project exists.. again you were very quick to compare it with f-35 :rotfl .... do you have any info on MCA or is it that DRDO has told you to keep it classified?
then tell me whats so 4.5 generation about 25+ million LCA? if it ever was a ture 4.5 MRCA i bet the rest of the world air force would be placing orders as every body would want to have one! just AESA radar does not turns any air craft into 4.5 generation fighter... and please enlighten us with that so called "indigenous" Radar absorbing paint?

SABRE

Super Moderator
Verified Defense Pro
i think drdo compromise for mca
i dont think we have techenolgy for develop 5 th gen fither coz is it 5 th gen so why its replasing mig 27 or jaguar if it is 5 th gen then why we are go for pak fa with russia

i think mca is 4 tyh gen fighter
You are quoting adsH, who is no longer an active member & I doubt will ever reply to your post. Nikhil see when the post was made (on what date). If its recent then you can quote, if not then don't.

SABRE

Super Moderator
Verified Defense Pro
I have come across some flaming post & if this continues not only would the thread be locked but members would be banned for 2 weeks at the minimum regardless of who they are. & no emails to webs would work.

Aliph Ahmed

Banned Member
:rotfl
and please enlighten us with that so called "indigenous" Radar absorbing paint?
Let me try...

It is called RAM coating which mind you when applied on LCA is guaranteed to further increase the weight of the already overweight LCA. :D

SABRE

Super Moderator
Verified Defense Pro
Locked due to amateur behavior by certain members.

Certain Members under observation from here on.

Status
Not open for further replies.