Indian MCA Discussion (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

XEROX

The artist’s impression is very imaginative, but one minor detail eludes me and that is the weapons positioned under the wing, it’s a fact that the MCA will have an internal weapons bay,

Still a good design though
:)

XEROX

I think the MCA will be powered by The Kaveri-2 which will have TVC nozzles and allow the fighter to supercruise :smokingc:

P.A.F

Re: Indian MCA Discussion

lets just wait till it's made mate. then we can talk about what it. :smokingc:

XEROX

How far is LRDE with its development of its AESA radar?

The radar has an exceptionally agile beam, and provides nearly instantaneous tracking updates anther benefit of the radar includes enhanced multi-target tracking capability

Is it being developed with MCA in mind??

Although it would be feasable to upgarde the MKI and inplement it on the Naval LCA!!

XEROX

India will be exporting the LCA - Air Force / Naval configuration, but will they be selling what they will be primerily using

For example the Naval LCA will have an AESA radar, will the naval export version have the same configurations like AESA

srirangan

Banned Member
We're obviously going to export it to countries who don't have anything against us, our interests or our allies.

srirangan

Banned Member
Ofcourse not exactly the same. Each country will need customizations when it purchases such type of equipment. Think of it like when Israel sells hi-tech equipment to India, it can be rest assured that India would never use it to harm Israel's interests. Israel don't sell hi-tech equipment to countries that can harm Israel's interests or allied interests (USA).

Similarly to those countries that India actually does sell, you can be rest assured that no matter how good the quality of the stuff sold is, India still will be quite secure.

aayiliam

Hi,

This is my first post. Just wanted to know whether India is still persuing with its MCA plan and also wanted opinion regarding is it profittable to design your own 5 th gen aircraft and also participate in PAK FA

just4nikhilesh

I think internal carriage would be a requirement to make the Jet stealthy or AS GF refers to it as being CLEAN. i can't wait to see this MCA at-least the first mockup of the actual design. then see it in flight i suspect it would be some time but would be well worth looking at. I hope israelis have something to do on this project.
i think drdo compromise for mca
i dont think we have techenolgy for develop 5 th gen fither coz is it 5 th gen so why its replasing mig 27 or jaguar if it is 5 th gen then why we are go for pak fa with russia

i think mca is 4 tyh gen fighter

kay_man

re

i think drdo compromise for mca
i dont think we have techenolgy for develop 5 th gen fither coz is it 5 th gen so why its replasing mig 27 or jaguar if it is 5 th gen then why we are go for pak fa with russia

i think mca is 4 tyh gen fighter

if you care to read previous mails you will know that..
PAK-FA is meant to be a air dominance fighter comparable to the raptor and is meant to replace mig-29 and su-30 mki.
MCA is to mainly a ground attack a/c comparable to f-35 lighteneing 2.....and is supposed to replace mig-27, jaguars, mirages.
India has built LCA which is a 4.5 gen aircraft and contains 40% composites and has partial stealth characteristics.
There are speculations that India has developed indegenously Radar absorbing paint which will also be used on LCA.

Aliph Ahmed

Banned Member
India has built LCA which is a 4.5 gen aircraft and contains 40% composites and has partial stealth characteristics.
I would love to see you prove it !

LCA with AESA and New engine will not be available for another 17 years. and that is optimistically said by no one else but R Philipps.

By today's standard, first lot of 20 LCA planes (Underpowered and overweight and more in the class of trainers) does not exceed 3 maybe 3.5 generation !!

Unless offcourse, India follows some other standards I am not aware of. Enlighten me on that one. Thank you in advance.

kay_man

I would love to see you prove it !

LCA with AESA and New engine will not be available for another 17 years. and that is optimistically said by no one else but R Philipps.

By today's standard, first lot of 20 LCA planes (Underpowered and overweight and more in the class of trainers) does not exceed 3 maybe 3.5 generation !!

Unless offcourse, India follows some other standards I am not aware of. Enlighten me on that one. Thank you in advance.
ill give you the same advice. READ UP !!. and stop acting like an obstinate child.

most of the facts that i have mentioed are well known.

also, out of the " 2 ton " increase in weight of the LCA 0.9-1.0 tons is due to the testing equipment i.e in flight telemerty devices and other things.
the production version will not require these....

however you still cannot call the LCA underpowered since that statement was made when the prototypes were using F404 engines .
the production version will feature F404 IN20 engines for first 20-40 a/c and then wil be powered by either the EJ-2000 / F414 /Kaveri with much higher thrust.

also the initial batches of LCA will be using Israeli AESA radar (purchased off the shelf i suppose) and the later ones will be using Indegenously developed MMR radar which is under advanced stages of development.

for the sources use google and ajai shukla blogspot.

Aliph Ahmed

Banned Member
ill give you the same advice. READ UP !!. and stop acting like an obstinate child.

most of the facts that i have mentioed are well known.

also, out of the " 2 ton " increase in weight of the LCA 0.9-1.0 tons is due to the testing equipment i.e in flight telemerty devices and other things.
the production version will not require these....

however you still cannot call the LCA underpowered since that statement was made when the prototypes were using F404 engines .
the production version will feature F404 IN20 engines for first 20-40 a/c and then wil be powered by either the EJ-2000 / F414 /Kaveri with much higher thrust.

also the initial batches of LCA will be using Israeli AESA radar (purchased off the shelf i suppose) and the later ones will be using Indegenously developed MMR radar which is under advanced stages of development.

for the sources use google and ajai shukla blogspot.
^^^^^^

All talk and no links to backup your claims. Claims that I have been reading since my teeage days all the way back to early 1990s how super duper LCA will be. Hahahahaha.

Maybe you need to enlighten yourself further. Here are two parallell topics on this very respectfull forum.

http://www.defencetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6713&page=131

Go through Pages 131-155. It is interesting the links have been disabled however, full articles are posted by both me and Niteshkjain.

Also do enlighten yourself that the the first 40 LCAs to be inducted by 2016 if everything goes as per plan by the most optimistic scenario as against the history of LCA --always being delayed for one reason or the other since 1980s will be toothless and incapable of fighting. ;)

Following is another interesting link :

http://www.defencetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=872

This is what was being said 4 years ago. Buddy, I have been reading stuff how LCA will be since my teenage days. All talk and nothing really on the ground. Not even 80% in that article has materialized !!

LCA is nothing but a plane in the class of trainer. Even K8 which is a medium trainer is pulling more Gs then LCA.

First batch will have AESA ? Stop mixing up facts with wishful thinking. Okay ? Provide official links to support your comments.

The first link I posted cites " Official Indian Sources". Unless you are implying that they are lieing.

I always said the Kaveri was a failed project and I was called biased becasue I was a too honest for Indians. Now it is going to Indian Navy for turbines.

http://frontierindia.net/demonstration-of-12-mw-kaveri-marine-gas-turbine-for-indian-navy

That is the fate of original Kaveri engine. There shouldnt be no surprise if the the Indians label the new engine (they are being helped by atleast 2-3 countries since they failed miserably) as kaveri to cover up the first failure.

and I say the same for LCA. It will be rendered OBSOLETE by 2025 the year when it is suppose to have both new Engine and AESA radar !! but keeping in mind what the Indians are doing with Mig 21s (Falling coffins), again no surprises there.

Status
Not open for further replies.