Alternate Energy Resources For Future ? ur opinion and ideas?

Red aRRow

Forum Bouncer
Hmmm....will go a little off topic but what the hell. Lemme explain the whole history of the problem. I'll try to keep it as unbiased as possible.
In 1947 the sub-continent was to be divided between the muslim majority areas which were to be turned into Pakistan and the Hindu dominated areas which were to become India. As the sub continent consisted of many princely states governed by a raja or ruler..they were given the choice of joining any of the two new countries according to its own wishes. Controversy erupted in three of the princely states. The states were of Kashmir, Hyderabad and -Junagadh and Manawandar-.
Kashmir had a muslim majority population but a Hindu ruler...while Hyderabad and Junagadh & M had hindu majority populations while being ruled by muslim rulers.
The Kashmiri ruler decided to join India against the wishes of the people of his land and as a result a revolt flared up in the state in 1948. As a result of this the raja asked the Governor General of India for military help. This resulted in the 1948 war in Kashmir. India forces invaded from their side while Pakistani military and militia tribesmen from northern regions invaded from the western side. The LoC (Line of Control) which still exists today dates from that year. It is the place where the two forces met up. India moved the United Nations Security Council to help solve the issue. The Security council passed 4 resolutions stating that the people of Kashmir decide for themselves through a plebiscite. This became totally unacceptable to the Indian government because they knew that the people will choose Pakistan over India in a plebiscite. And thus to date India has refused the implementation of the resolution on one pretext or the other.
The Pakistani stand has always been for the implementation of the resolutions but alas this has yielded no results. So now Pakistan and India are exploring other venues for the solution of the issue.
On the other hand Hyderabad and Junagadh & M's rulers decided to go for Pakistan while the population wanted to join India. At this juncture the India government invaded and forcibly annexed the two territories which till today remain the part of India.
http://www.un.org/documents/sc/res/1948/scres48.htm

Well coming back to the topic. I think countries should be investing in renewable or non-polluting sources of energy like solar cells and wind energy. But problems till now have been that these are not very feasable and always depend on the natural conditions prevalent at the time. I am sure with more research more and more efficient solar cells and better wind mills can be developed.

Red aRRow

Forum Bouncer
I think he is talking about solar radiation. Like you use these solar sails to "catch" the photons of energy which are being emitted by the sun. I think that's what he is talking about.

Awang se

Verified Defense Pro
shamayel said:
I think he is talking about solar radiation. Like you use these solar sails to "catch" the photons of energy which are being emitted by the sun. I think that's what he is talking about.
Sun is one source, but there is countless stars, and they emit all sorts of EM wave from Radio to gamma. Maybe we could catch a microwave from space and convert it into energy.

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
Awang se said:
shamayel said:
Sun is one source, but there is countless stars, and they emit all sorts of EM wave from Radio to gamma. Maybe we could catch a microwave from space and convert it into energy.
The most obvious candidate is a capacity to convert ozone to energy. if we don't stop making the darn hole bigger we better work out how we can diminish its lethality. Converting it to an energy source could be useful.

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
its not difficult to create ozone, what we need to do is to repair the hole in the atmosphere that we are creating. using solar power to create a regenerative ozone layer might be something that needs to be done.

otherwise we all better get used to living in middle earth, or not come out into direct sunlight. we probably have a couple of generations left where we can fix things.

Awang se

Verified Defense Pro
I got plenty of ozone in the generator room.

I guess that's conclude the story about ozone right? now back to the energy resource topic. What if we put the radiation\solar collector in space and then beam the projected energy to a receiver station on earth.