Wow, Talk about Advanced Weaponry! Can anyone confirm?

DoC_FouALieR

This is perhaps one of the craziest ideas I've ever heard of... is it comedy in the pentagon or a lot of tax payer money... gone?
Uhuh!
I've already heard about this 'G-Bomb' but I thought the development took actually place during the cold war, and was later canceled.
Interesting, I wonder how long are the potentially effects...

YellowFever

I heard the USAF quickly discarded thia idea way back in 1994 or so.

Under the freedom of information act, some reporter dug up this info and printed as new.

This story has been coming on and off every couple of years since then....

metro

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
What's "NE1"? How does that play in?
NE1="N"+"E"+"1"=Anyone
I didn't think the entire word, "anyone," would fit in the subject/titel line. There's no other/deeper meaning that was intended!
A Mod. must have changed it to "Anyone," because I didn't.

I heard the USAF quickly discarded thia idea way back in 1994 or so.

Under the freedom of information act, some reporter dug up this info and printed as new.

This story has been coming on and off every couple of years since then....
Crazy! Millions of $$$ for an idea like that? I read that officials said it was "qickly discarded" too. But I also read and heard (all over the news yesterday) it was being studied up and through 2001-02. They said it was actally brought before a group of top scientsts to study it... "Quickly discarding an idea," doesn't sound very truthfull when details showing that something like "$7.5M" was spent on the "idea."

I've seen a lot of crazy "ideas" pop up before, but when something as idiotic as this one is shown to be true, it really makes me question what in the hell is our military thinking, and do they take money/lives seriously. The military could have done something like bought a "few" more/different guns that don't jam for the troops (those who don't like the M16/M4). Just an idea.

How about making an "Opium Bomb" that will get the enemy so "high" they can't fight, and so addicted to the stuff that instead of selling drugs (Afghanistan) they consume everything they grow.

How about a "Ghandi Bomb." People will refuse to fight and only do things peacefully!?!

The Military should check out "YouTube" if it's looking for the worlds dumbest ideas.:rolleyes:

noseeum

The regular military doesn't decide what to spend money on. The Pentagon can request money, but congress awards it. Contracts aren't always awarded based on merit, either.

metro

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
The regular military doesn't decide what to spend money on. The Pentagon can request money, but congress awards it. Contracts aren't always awarded based on merit, either.
i know, but they ussually allocate "x" amount of money for a program or just give "y" amount of money for Q's (Bond) Labs.
if congress was actually called into session to vote for this idea, i'd believe they'd pass it. it sounds like a congressional idea (Ear Mark), "we're going to need $10Mill for my state... i think we will try and build a "Gay Bomb"! Should help with unemployment.";)