Will China's new generation of submarines be as advanced as modern Western designs?

crobato

No one seriously expect a Jump from 091 Han to Virginia class. It's still a good attempt even if it's a generation behind. The 093 will never the less give PLAN what it lacks most in the Han, a relativelt trouble free system.

Its been suggested to be using H/SQG-207 flank array developed in 1990...

But what's the estimated size of the boat based on the new picture?
Kind of hard since there nothing to compare to...

The most important thing first of all is safety. At least despite the early attempts, they have not gotten into K-19 like situations so far (knock on wood). Unlike the Soviets, which are willing to mass produce subs even when they know about the radioactivity problems and are willing to send people into it, the PLAN is willing to nip the bud before anything really serious would happen. If you are able to contain your safety issues, that is by far the most important step, and from then on, work from there.

dioditto

Are these machines certified and cleared for Airbus and Boeing contracts automatically then? Because I'm unaware of any chinese complex tech that is certified for Airbus or Boeing. Even BMW were still using their own gear and not sourcing chinese manuf product.

gf0012-aust, I am curious, what's the accuracy of current "certified and cleared for Airbus and Boeing contracts" multi-axis CNC machines suppose to have?? 0.1 micron ?? 0.008 micron?? What exactly are the requirements ??

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
gf0012-aust, I am curious, what's the accuracy of current "certified and cleared for Airbus and Boeing contracts" multi-axis CNC machines suppose to have?? 0.1 micron ?? 0.008 micron?? What exactly are the requirements ??

Gee, I guess you'd ask the CATIA programmers about what critical components are being machined up. Basically, and more importantly, I don't care what build quality mainland chinese platforms are.

You'll have to get an answer from one of the fan clubbers.

Last edited:

dioditto

Gee, I guess you'd ask the CATIA programmers about what critical components are being machined up. Basically, and more importantly, I don't care what build quality mainland chinese platforms are.

You'll have to get an answer from one of the fan clubbers.

Chill dude, I am just curious that's all. It's not like those are state-secret. LOL.
I already got the answer no thanks to you :p:

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
Chill dude, I am just curious that's all. It's not like those are state-secret. LOL.
I already got the answer no thanks to you :p:

No need for me to chill, I'm stone cold on the subject.

Glad to see you've found the info you need.

Welcome back from your time in the sin bin. :)