Why was a thread locked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hari in Canada

Could you please tell me that why was the thread "Analysis by an US Observerof IAF" locked.

I read all the replies. None seem to be more offensive to demand locking.

Yes the thread and its discussion is completely pro IAF. But that is the thrust of an US observer. Other participants simply built on it.

Hari Sud
Toronto

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
A lot of replies in that thread were either EDITED or DELETED because they were not in accordance with the rules of the forum. Mud slinging contests. Thus it was locked to prevent it and rest of the forum from becoming a circus.

We can only give out so much warnings before taking action and locking the thread was approiate rather than deleting it.

I hope that helps, enjoy!!!

Hari in Canada

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I did not know about your editing.

This forum should not be circus.

But you delete the offensive post in total, not edit it. You leave the name of the postee on it with a note that it has been deleted.

How does all that you say translates into locking the thread. This is currently the most important military aviation thread, which everybody wishes to know - why USAF lost.

Unlock the thread and be judicious in your judgement in the future.

Or you can tell me that your sympathies are more towards a specific country hence do not wish IAF to win the contest.

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
I could care less about which country wins. All we care about is the issues, aviation, defence/military. I think, most of us have an open mind and can live without this useless crap about "my sht smells better than your sht..." contests where end results are insults and threads being locked. A thread about USAF vs IAF turns into 1971, not our fault.

If people can't discuss things with some respect to the forum and its administration then I'm sorry the threads will be locked whether someone likes it or not. I hate to see good threads go down the drain or get locked but sometimes measures like this keep things in check otherwise people start off with USAF/IAF and end up with 1971 IAF/PAF and on top of that the "boastings and bragging" that comes along from both sides is just unbelievable.

I will have to talk to my team, till then the thread will remain as it is-locked.

Thanks, enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.