Where oh where is the INS Arhant (S-73)/SSBN1

coffey plot

Are they passing their sea trials and if so when are they ready for some of their weapons
systems testing. It is very quiet, so far as silent running goes. Just as an added thought,
wasn't it the 2nd generation Jin class SSBN from China, that returned early to base because
weapons testing issues. I checked my sources today and their are just (2) Jin class boomers
moored near Liaoning, China. I'm sort of glad to view these symptoms of such awkward
engineering for starters.:shudder

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
Are they passing their sea trials and if so when are they ready for some of their weapons systems testing.
why would any of this be in the public domain - esp if its underway. navies don't behave like an internet kiosk....

It is very quiet, so far as silent running goes.
how would you know this? considering the fact that a PLAN sub was caught by a US sub tailgating an Indian sub 2004/2005 near the andomans - what improvements are supposed to have happened since then?

Just as an added thought,
wasn't it the 2nd generation Jin class SSBN from China, that returned early to base because
weapons testing issues. I checked my sources today and their are just (2) Jin class boomers
moored near Liaoning, China. I'm sort of glad to view these symptoms of such awkward
engineering for starters.:shudder
Careful, methinks you're borderline trolling - before you criticise chinese efforts I'd suggest that you look at track records closer to home.... IOW, make an effort to read the Forum Rules before continuing on in here.....

coffey plot

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Reading, researching, & attending naval seminars

Where would a former insurance salesman like TOM CLANCY get all his collection of data for thoughts The Hunt for RED OCTOBER, CLEAR & PRESENT DANGER, & THE SUM OF ALL FEARS......to mention the best of the best for his works. And of course CRIMSON TIDE wasn't for real either!!! There is such a game as cat & mouse we played in six of our seven seas.
Further more you may not even heard about rags like...Aviation Week & Space Technology.??!!! Need I say more about imaginations run wild and just how inventful was your inquiry of me.

:rwb:soldier

gf0012-aust said:
Careful, methinks you're borderline trolling - before you criticise chinese efforts I'd suggest that you look at track records closer to home.... IOW, make an effort to read the Forum Rules before continuing on in here.....
Mod Next time:

1) Try to stay on topic and actually make the understand the subject and response

2) Try to follow convention and place quotes at the head of a response

3) fix up your layout before committing it to post

Last edited by a moderator:

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
Learn some manners and make the effort to read the forum rules if you decide to come back.

if you want to use examples of how smart you are then I suggest that you at least try to draw a relationship between your response and the subject matter.

make the effort or don't come back

try to learn about formatting as well, its not our job to fix up a posters layout - esp when they're ill mannered

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
Where would a former insurance salesman like TOM CLANCY get all his collection of data for thoughts The Hunt for RED OCTOBER, CLEAR & PRESENT DANGER, & THE SUM OF ALL FEARS......to mention the best of the best for his works. And of course CRIMSON TIDE wasn't for real either!!! There is such a game as cat & mouse we played in six of our seven seas.
Further more you may not even heard about rags like...Aviation Week & Space Technology.??!!! Need I say more about imaginations run wild and just how inventful was your inquiry of me.

:rwb:soldier

Mod Next time:

1) Try to stay on topic and actually make an attempt to understand the subject and response

in closing, your apparent attempt to appear smart and quote Clancy as an analogy is misplaced. The issue of a PLAN sub tailgating an INS sub and both being tailgated by a USN sub was raised in the Singaporean and Australian Press, It was an issue as the USN sub in Dec 2004 was able to warn the IN that a Tsunami was in play and that local bases were at risk.

It had zip to do with a Tom Clancy scenario - but of course you knew this didn't you? NOT

Last edited:
Someone brought up Clancy
Since this thread is not really going anywhere.

this was a great clip: [nomedia]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhj8ITvp-pw[/nomedia]

however at 27 seconds the backfire commander says "Target located, We are starting bombing"

which is the wrong - for a launch of cruise missiles are not free fall munitions

now I have contributed something useful to the thread! good deed for the day.
Plasmahawk

Mod Next time:

1) Try to stay on topic and actually make an attempt to understand the subject and response

in closing, your apparent attempt to appear smart and quote Clancy as an analogy is misplaced. The issue of a PLAN sub tailgating an INS sub and both being tailgated by a USN sub was raised in the Singaporean and Australian Press, It was an issue as the USN sub in Dec 2004 was able to warn the IN that a Tsunami was in play and that local bases were at risk.

It had zip to do with a Tom Clancy scenario - but of course you knew this didn't you? NOT

Last edited by a moderator: