What is your Everyday Carry?

ngatimozart

Super Moderator
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
You wouldn't want to shoot a crock with a shotgun either, you would just make it mad, those things are armoured. A .303" or .308" in the head isn’t even guaranteed to penetrate either, maybe an RPG might do it.
.50 cal mate. Cures most problems and ailments.

old faithful

The Bunker Group
Verified Defense Pro
After working as a fishing guide throughout the NT and FNQ, and doing hundreds of trips by myself, I've had a total of one problem with a croc, and that was solved by walking away from it.
Just need to be croc wise. Numerous crocs killed by police issue. 40 Cal. Shotty will do SG,s fine, but shooting crocs just proves ignorance, unless it has been a problem.

ADMk2

Just a bloke
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
My go bag is my house: stay and defend!
Agree completely.

I'm 138 metres above sea level (nicely positioned on top of a hill) about 15k's inland from the coast and nowhere near bushland, volcanos, fault lines or any such nuisances, so I'm pretty sorted as far as natural disasters go.

I invested early in good security mesh for my place at all entry points, bar the garage, which I can deadbolt as needed, but I rarely bother.

I am on good terms with my neighbours and (of course) the local constabulary.

I have a yappy ("sometimes" - usually when possums turn up) Jack Russell in the backyard and a Grey Nicholls cricket bat close at hand, with a Maglite in the other direction, ready to go. I have 2, well-serviced motor vehicles parked in different locations as needed and multiple main communications routes that go in all directions, to take if I need to leave my suburb in a hurry, .

I have tap water available, plenty of beer in my fridge, a decent amount of non-perishable food in the house, (enough for a few days or so easily) 3 separate ways of accessing the internet and/or communications programs and multiple ways to watch my sports of choice...

I have a leatherman somewhere and a torch or 2 besides the MagLite. I've a couple of GPS devices.

If worse came to worse, I could head to work and arm myself a lot better, but that would really be some sort of crazy doomsday scenario..

BTW, saw the first of our new R4's begin to roll out the other day...

Remington R4 Rifle/Carbine - NIOA LEM

tonyUSA

self defence items- an everyday carry

Hello All! :)
Well, as we know that there are number of items which can be carried by a person along so that they can feel secure such as stun guns, flash-light pen, keys and many more. Being a defence enthusiast I keep on looking for the sites which can help people by providing various self defence items.
While exploring the internet, I found the site named as Guard-dog security which deals with this and thus provide best self-defence items. Have a look, Surely you will appreciate it! Thank you! :) ;)
View attachment 6603

Forever_target

Full my equipment:
+ Astrolux K1.
+ HB-1-01 survival knife Russia.
+ Machete Ontario Cold Steel.
+ Shovel Ames M56 US.
+ G-shock GA-1000
+ Meal, ready to eat US Army.
+ SMACO mini scuba diving tank equipment
+ Alegent tactical boots.
+ Crye precision g3 field pants
+ 5.11 AMP24 backpack.

JohnWolf

Relating to the carry gun thread, what is everyone's Everyday Carry (EDC)?

The things one has on their person to get them through each day, or that they have to help make sure they make it through the day...

For me, here is a brief list:
  • Tool Logic SLP2 knife
  • Leatherman Wave multi-tool
  • Cell phone
  • Rite in the Rain notepad
  • KZ tactical pen
  • mechanical pencil
  • 65 KN climbing carabiner
  • 5.11 Operator belt
  • Quikclot Trauma pack
  • Window punch/seatbelt cutter
  • Waterproof/windproof lighter
  • ASP Defender mini-baton/pepperspray with car keys
  • Spitfire pepperspray
  • Leatherman Microtool
  • ear plugs
  • 5.11 ATAC L2 light
  • wallet with medical mini-USB drive/card
  • disposable space blanket
  • disposable rain poncho
  • digital wristwatch
  • paracord bracelet

If I know where I am headed is likely to be a little hairy, I might have even more with me.

-Cheers
Very Impressive.... but I have gotten out of the habit of carrying, at all. It was too much like work, and I have avoided getting involved in Reenacting groups for the same reason.
I have a 2-part Go Bag that I have not inventoried for a while, maybe it is time to look into it and compare notes.

a11wb.gif

JohnWolf

Sorry, coudln't resisit ;)

Anyway, part one of my rig is an LBE with web belt (stick with what you know, right?).
On the left shoulder strap is a John Wayne can-opener, a combo whistle/compas/thermometer, and a pouch with the standard-issue compress and a stripper-clip for the rifle. On the right strap is a small pair of Binos, in the pouch is a small folding set of glasses, the good compass and a lighter.

On the belt is a canteen (plus purification tabs), an all-metal folding shovel, and a full tang sheath-knife with a 3 1/2" blade. In the "butt-pack" is T.P. and two different kinds of fire starters (all in zip-lock bags) two smoke-bombs, one very small and light mirror (you never know, right?), a small 1st-Aid kit, a poncho and generally 3 clips for the rifle.

My "go" plan is more about avoiding crowds and I suppose that shows.
I'll go into the Alice Pack tomorrow, when I have had a chance to look it over.

Todjaeger

Potstirrer
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Very Impressive.... but I have gotten out of the habit of carrying, at all. It was too much like work, and I have avoided getting involved in Reenacting groups for the same reason.
I have a 2-part Go Bag that I have not inventoried for a while, maybe it is time to look into it and compare notes.
The loadout has changed somewhat, do to changes in where I work and live. I do tend to have a similar loadout when I am not working though, due to outside activities that I engage in where I am on call at all times.