US Navy offers E2 Hawkeyes (AWACS) to Pakistan

umair

Peace Enforcer
Well as far as I have come to know about current developments, both these platforms have a good chance for acceptance by the two forces.Each has it's own peculiar advatages to offer like the Hawkeye offers easy integration with USN and USAF forces operating in the area allowing us access to their battlefield networks.The ERIEYE on the other hand is supposed to offer a ground target recognition mode similar to JSTARS which can be simultaneously employed with it's air-air modes.My sources as of late have not been very talkative on this issue the last I got to know was that the ERIEYE had passed the performance requirements for our northern areas.That was the main reason why the Hawkeye was rejected in the first instance in the 80s.Mebbe Gremlin would like to shed some light on the E-2C 2000's performance in this area?
Also question for gary.A guy I know(electronics engineer from Stevens Institute of Tech) told me that it is possible for a rotodome configured AWACS array to have electronic beam steering.I did not ask for the details so can you shed some light on this?Also this ststement, makes the chinese assertion about their A-50 quite plausable.

adsH

""""The ERIEYE on the other hand is supposed to offer a ground target recognition mode similar to JSTARS which can be simultaneously employed with it's air-air modes."""

thats what The RSAF (Saudi's) are lacking apperntly they wern't provided the full package for what they paid for after Congress had there way through the deal. this is probably why RSAF wants Erriye intigrated In there force.