US might sell missile warning systems to India!!

XEROX

AFP

http://sify.com/news/othernews/fullstory.php?id=13522989
Friday, 16 July , 2004, 09:49

Washington: The Pentagon has announced the possible 40 million dollar sale to India of missile warning and countermeasure systems for three new Boeing 737 aircrafts used by the country's Head of State.
The three systems consist of an AN/AAQ-24 large aircraft infrared countermeasures system, an AN/ALE-47H countermeasure dispensing system and a AN/ALQ-211 early warning suite controller and radar warning system, the Defence Security Cooperation Agency said in a statement on Thursday.

It said that the total value, if all options were exercised, could be as high as 40 million dollars.

"India will install the self-protection systems on three new Boeing 737 aircrafts," it said. "They will use the system for the movement and protection of their head of state."

The prime contractor will be L3 Communications of Greenville, Texas.

The AN/AAQ-24 is a system that automatically alerts an aircraft's crew to a missile launch and activates an infrared countermeasure to foil the launch.

The AN/ALQ-211 is used to detect hostile radar signals and jam them, and the AN/ALE-47H is a computer controlled system to dispense decoys.

Pathfinder-X

Tribal Warlord
Verified Defense Pro
India order the jet for its politician in U.S too?? better check for the CIA bugs installed onboard. :D:

Salman78

$40 mil for 3 boeing 737's with all that stuff onboard ??? i dont think so.. just 1 of them would be atleast twice the amount

manna

OH another lie, oh i mean diplomatic move , look the way both the parties has struck a deal , i mean the plea of installing these on ac,
No sir it stinks, there is something underneath, if u look with common sense this plea does not make any sense at all, that these are bought to put on the ac of the head of the state , i dotn believe it , :smokingc: :?

srirangan

Banned Member
The were intelligence reports that Missile Defence was discussed quiet pasionately by the two parties while Mr. Armitage was here. This could just be the pre cursor to actual missile defence integration.

Btw these are the VVIP jets Boeing is designing for top Indian officials, to be based of the Air Force One.

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
santpaul said:
is it 40 million dollars for the whole deal or for each aircraft?
read the post:

The Pentagon has announced the possible 40 million dollar sale to India of missile warning and countermeasure systems for three new Boeing 737 aircrafts used by the country's Head of State.

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
manna said:
that these are bought to put on the ac of the head of the state , i dotn believe it , :smokingc: :?

Err, look at whats been talked about:
three systems consist of an AN/AAQ-24 large aircraft infrared countermeasures system, an AN/ALE-47H countermeasure dispensing system and a AN/ALQ-211 early warning suite controller and radar warning system
A number of governments have these systems on the aircraft for their heads of state - there's nothing odd at all about the selection of these system types for the designated aircraft. I can think of at least 6 governments where such systems (or their equivs) are used.

Why do you think this is not possible when this kind of process has been around for over 30 years? The only difference is that now people know about such capability - whereas in the past the French, Israelis etc didn't advertise the fact that they had self defence measures on board.