US: F-16s + AWACS for Pakistan - will congress approve?

Red aRRow

Forum Bouncer
U.S.A is a very unreliable supplier. They even took the money for F-16s from Pakistan but did not deliver them!!
I think Pakistani Army is more than capable of withstanding any Indian onslaught.
The Air Force needs a front line fighter to maintain air dominance over the skies. At this moment the Rafale and the Eurofighter Typhoon fit the bill. The JF-17 will be very good for point defence and interception but still some high caliber planes like the two i mentioned are needed. I think Europe should be made a source for hi-tech supplies.

zain_1985

I think that the congress has already approved AWACS, but i'm not so sure weather it will approve of the F-16s.

That's why Pakistan is considering other markets for buying advanced jets, like the eurofighter 2000. :)

zain
[/quote]

SurvivoR

My answer is don't expect anything from the U.S. Even if we get them (highly unlikely with reference to past deals), they will always be sanction prone. I am even worried about the PAF F-16s that are supposed to get the MLU. What guarantees do we have that they will return even!!!

May Allah have mercy on us. Ameen.
(But remember, Allah helps those, who help themselves).

razhas

Assalam o alaekum everybody

I am a new comer to this forum....or more precisely even to any of the defencetalk forums .............

I have read this sort of discussion, i.e. regarding the US supplying or approving this kind of military hardware or of that kind for Pakistan, many a times both at your forums or at pakistanidefence forums...........

many of my brothers really seem pretty worried at what the US might do or might not do..........well neither the US nor the touts backed by the US are gods.......... and al -hamdolillah we as muslims do not believe in any such "gods'............

as far as the military strategy and tactic is concerned ............ in the absence of an advanced frontline fighter, our forces may look vulnerable...... but then there are means and ways to convert your weaknesses into strengths................. and above all making best use of your own strong points........that’s what makes good soldiers good........

and the best virtue of it all is the desire for shahadat and no fear of death of kith and kin or even own........ no matter "they" have advanced planes with greater BVR capability and operational range and reach........... no matter they have planes in greater numbers..........if two of our ghazis in the formation attain the status of shaheeds while providing cover for the third shaheen ghazi who strikes right in the heart of the enmy .........and no matter after doing so also attains shahdat........... then the only thing the enemy will remember next time he tries to enter your airspace is that he will not be able to return to his base no matter how advanced or "stealthy" a plane he is flying.......... and if anybody really knows anything about fighting a war then a jittery soldier is the last thing that an armed force would like to have in its ranks..........

and i would also like to register my utter disgust regarding the views of some .......... these views portray china as a very low profile backward and technologically poor country from whose military hardware and technology Pakistan should distance itself or should not regard as first class...........

first of all if you say or even think about your benefactor in such a manner then not only will you disgrace yourself as an ungrateful and uncivilized nation , but will also invite ALLAH's wrath upon yourself, as he does not like the ppl who would not respect and regard their benefactors.........

and only if such ppl have been looking at the history of china in the distant and recent past (particularly in the 20th century as it is relatively well documented) then it will become as clear as it could be that china has always been a center of cultural as well as technological prowess and also a nation with dignified stance………………and at times despite having relatively inferior or no matching technology or ability, have very well defended itself and held its head high…………………..no wonder we do not pay much attention to our own religion………according to a very famous hadeeth demonstrating the importance of “Ilmâ€, china is mentioned as a destination for the seekers of “Ilm†…………….and as we all know if it were to be the “ Ilm ad Deen†or knowledge of the religion then there was no Islam in China on the advent of ISalm in Arabia………………..

So my dear friends and brothers…………………….. hold your heads high in front of the foe and bowed in front of the God ALMIGHTY ALLAH subhan wa taalaa and just keep your faith only and only in him and be nice and loving to the benefactors he has provided us with………….

.....ghairat baree hai cheez jahaan e tag o dau mein.................... (iqbal (R.A))

....sher kee aik din kee zindagee geedar kee sau sala zindagee say behtar hai......(tipu sultan (R.A))

.....Down with the USA ...the dajjal of our times...........

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
Razhas, lets keep the tough talk down about USA or any other country. NO reason to defame.

Plus keep in mind that this is not a Pakistani website and everyone here is not Muslim so please respect everyone. :)

Thanks

Oqaab

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
PAF loves F-16s because PAF has been flying this aircraft since 20 years and it had made kills with this aircraft. But now it has to opt for any european fighter.

shamsi

Oqaab said:
PAF loves F-16s because PAF has been flying this aircraft since 20 years and it had made kills with this aircraft. But now it has to opt for any european fighter.
PAF should start mounting F-16s infront of buildings, and keep focussing on making a medium tech fighter and its versions which are fully functional, trainable, effective, and BVR/ECM capable.

Oqaab

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
shamsi said:
PAF should start mounting F-16s infront of buildings, and keep focussing on making a medium tech fighter and its versions which are fully functional, trainable, effective, and BVR/ECM capable.
JF-17 is the only fighter PAF will be getting. I think Pakistan should spent more money over research and development in this field and then we will be making the JF-17 100% in Pakistan. Inshallah. :)

dabrownguy

That means India is getting good air. Lets hope they get good ground. They already inducted 100 Arjuns and working on Arjun MK 2 with help from Isrealis and Tank Ex. God bless India!

The Watcher

dabrownguy said:
That means India is getting good air. Lets hope they get good ground. They already inducted 100 Arjuns and working on Arjun MK 2 with help from Isrealis and Tank Ex. God bless India!
India is getting good air? Please detail it. I completely miss point of rest of your reply.

Su_37

WebMaster said:
Razhas, lets keep the tough talk down about USA or any other country. NO reason to defame.

Plus keep in mind that this is not a Pakistani website and everyone here is not Muslim so please respect everyone. :)

Thanks

Wow ...... what a nice way to point put that topic ,ADMN. well you are not so kind with when people write like that about pakistan , you infact block Inflammatory remarks which is specific to pak while let go with other countries .

Well nice speech by this Razahas, i am flattered , but one thing i should remind him that , please start living in today's world and the rea;lity is Pak need USA to bail out from economic and as well as from defence areas.

US congress won't approve it becasue , US Policy will now become , India , china and Russia specific and US will not ignore india's concern .

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
Su-37, stop complaining and tell us where we "let go of other countries" when bias idiots try to defame those countries?

Ever since you came on board defencetalk.com, all you have done is post anti-pakistan articles and opinion. Its like you have some type of agenda, an obsession to post bias and one sided reports. Before telling us what to do, why not start the charity work at home?

Besides, most of our members are pakistanis and their country deserves to be respected as much as anyone elses.

Thank you!

Su_37

Oqaab said:
The actual topic was not about Indo-Pak relations or Kashmir, but it was about JF-17 aircraft. So better stick to the topic. :!:
:cop Someone please tell Oqaab that every form is not about JF-17 , it is about US: F-16s + AWACS for Pakistan - will congress approve?

Su_37

WebMaster said:
Su-37, stop complaining and tell us where we "let go of other countries" when bias idiots try to defame those countries?

Ever since you came on board defencetalk.com, all you have done is post anti-pakistan articles and opinion. Its like you have some type of agenda, an obsession to post bias and one sided reports. Before telling us what to do, why not start the charity work at home?

Besides, most of our members are pakistanis and their country deserves to be respected as much as anyone elses.

Thank you!
MOD ADMIN: Stick to the topic. If you have anything to talk about with webmaster, send him a PM! Don't ruin the thread with your whinnings. Understand? Good!