[TR]AHMET

http://defencetalk.com/pictures/displayimage.php?album=336&pos=10

http://warriorsoul.4t.com/images/firtina.jpg
Another picture showing the Firtina SPH at the IDEF 2003 Fair

http://warriorsoul.4t.com/images/firtina2.jpg
Another picture showing the Firtina SPH at the IDEF 2003 Fair

http://warriorsoul.4t.com/images/turkishtroops.jpg
Turkish artillery in North Iraq

http://bbs.defence.co.kr/html/bbs/data/landarms3/turkish-superhowitzer.155mm40km.jpg

Range: 40Km
In One Moment: 7 Firing
Munitions: 48
Turning around 360 degrees in 20 seconds

TR: Yaz ve kış testleri Ocak-Temmuz 2001 tarihleri arasında Gaziantep, Sarıkamış ve Kayseri'de yapılmıştır. Yüksek atış sürati, hareket ve beka kabiliyetine sahip T-155 modern kundağı motorlu obüs; 155 mm. çapında, dakikada 7 atımlık atış süratine, 40 km.lik menzile ve 48 atımlık silâh payı mühimmata sahiptir.

Kendi konum ve istikametini tespit etme ve seyrüsefer kabiliyetine, ataletsel konumlama sistemi (aks) vasıtasıyla; tevcih hattı istikamet açısını 0,3 milyem, mevzi koordinatlarını 17.5 metre, mevzii rakımını 10 metre doğrulukla tespit edebilme özelliğine ve, atış esaslarını çok kısa süre içerisinde (30 saniye) doğru ve etkili bir şekilde hesaplayarak toplara tatbikine olanak sağlayan ateş idare bilgisayarına sahiptir.

360 derece dönebilen kule, 180 derecelik bir alanı 10 saniye içerisinde dönebilmektedir. Ayrıca, çok kısa süre içerisinde hedefe etkili kütle ateşi açarak baskın tesiri sağlayabilmekte, aynı hedefe farklı yükseliş ve barut hakları ile hedefte zaman* ateş görevi/tekniği uygulayabilmektedir.

1156 milyem (65º) yükselişten 89 milyem (5º) alçalış sınırına 9 saniyede ulaşabilmektedir. Çok sayıda hedefi kısa sürede ateş altına alabilmekte ve aydınlatma yapabilmektedir. Silah üzerinde taşınan 48 adet silâh payı kıt'a yükü mühimmata sahiptir.

Obüs, 360 km.lik hareket sığasına sahiptir. Otomatik dolduruş sistemi ile dakikada 8 atım atış yapabilmektedir. Ayrıca, otomatik yan ve yükseliş bağlama özellikleri; atış süratinin artmasına, mürettebat hatalarından kaynaklanan aksaklıkların ortadan kalkmasına ve aynı mevziiden kısa süre içerisinde birden fazla hedefin ateş altına alınabilmesine olanak sağlamaktadır.

Düzeltme tanzimine olan ihtiyacı ortadan kaldırarak, hedefler üzerinde baskı ateşi oluşturan Metro + İHF (İlk Hız Farkı) atış tekniği ile hedeflerin kısa sürede doğru ve etkin bir şekilde ateş altına alınmasına olanak sağlayan ilk hız ölçme radarına ve içeriden kontrol edilerek sürât ve bekâyı artıran otomatik namlu yol kilidine sahiptir.

Görüntüleme üniteleri; atış esaslarına ait komutları alarak 3-5 saniye içerisinde tatbik edebilen, sesli haberleşmeden doğan zaman kaybını önleyen ve aynı zamanda, ses muhaberesinin yapılmasından kaynaklanan olumsuzlukları ortadan kaldıran görüntüleme üniteleridir.

Haberleşme sistemleri; elektronik harp korumalı etkin bir veri muhaberesinin tesisi, atış esaslarının süratle tatbikine imkân sağlayan frekans atlamalı emniyetli, güvenilir sayısal telsizleri, sistemin sahip olduğu imkân ve kabiliyetlerdir.

Libyan

Um whats so super about it egypt has developed 230mm and 170mm extra long range rounds

iraq had a wheeled 210mm gun (al faws)

whats so super??? its a copy of the m113 chasis carrying a fh-70 155mm gun.

tatra

Verified Defense Pro
moughoun said:
It's the Turkish derivitive,of the Korean K9 SPH :idea2
Quite so, and it has nothing to do with the M-113 (hello people, think: the current M-113 chassis weighs around 15 tons, an modern SP howitzer easily weighs double that. There is no way an M-113 chassis would be adquate for that purpose). As for M109, there is generally similar layout but the relation stops there.

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
tatra said:
moughoun said:
It's the Turkish derivitive,of the Korean K9 SPH :idea2
Quite so, and it has nothing to do with the M-113 (hello people, think: the current M-113 chassis weighs around 15 tons, an modern SP howitzer easily weighs double that. There is no way an M-113 chassis would be adquate for that purpose). As for M109, there is generally similar layout but the relation stops there.
The TD-120 delivers 15 tonnes of recoil - the same as the weight of a clean M113.

I would imagine that the M113 would fall apart after a few shots from that sized howitzer. ;)

A

Aussie Digger

Um whats so super about it egypt has developed 230mm and 170mm extra long range rounds

iraq had a wheeled 210mm gun (al faws)

whats so super??? its a copy of the m113 chasis carrying a fh-70 155mm gun.
Well boys size isn't everything... :eek

It's not an M113 chassis, the road wheels for one are markedly different, M113's only have a single "road-pad" in their track... It looks more like an M-60 MBT chassis to me...

Libyan

You people need to look again the k9 is a variant of the KIFV.

which is of course a variant of the m-113.

A

Aussie Digger

I've looked at it a number of times and I've looked at M113's more times than you've had hot breakfasts... :smokingc: . I drove them for nearly 2 years!!! M113's only have 5 road-wheels as opposed to this SPG's 6.

In addition as I pointed out earlier, this SPG has "double" road wheels as opposed to the M113's single road wheel. The M113 track has a single roadwheel whereas this SPG quite clearly has 2 pads per individual track... In addition the running gear (suspension, shock absorbers etc) is totally different. On top of this, the hull is much more massive (in length, width and height) than an M113, as befits such a massive turret. The hull of this SPG "may" be loosely based on the M113, but that's about it. It shares about as much in common with an M113, as a Bradley does, ie: it's a tracked armoured vehicle...

Libyan

so you have pointed out and now I will retort.

http://www.jedsite.info/fulltrack/kilo/k-200_series/k200-series.html

as you can see here the KIFV (AIFV/M-113) is the basis of which the K9 howitzer comes from

Its not as simple as counting the road wheels , as the road wheel doesnt drive the vehicle, you can quite simply add and remove a road wheel

(examples being the m60/m48 vehicles which serve as the pattern of the Iranian Zulfiqar)

Now before this becomes a Pissing contest.

Korea had to make hard bugetary choices, they could have continued to manufacture the m109 chassis, and the aifv/m-113 chasis, they chose to continue the development of the Aifv into a utility hull,

just like china did with its type89 into a tank destroyer,spg spaag etc.

Korea did the same thing some of the Aifvs they use all the same components on slightly modified hulls, they make the KIFV,K12/40,biho and the k9 on a slighlt modified KIFV/m-113 hulls.

Germany years ago did the same thing in an attempt to bring back the tank destroyer, they took a m-113 and fitted a casemated 105mm howitzer in the center of the vehicle, externally it no longer resembled the m-113 it looked alot the hertzer D of ww2.

The Soviet Union did the same thing you are aware that the pt-76 btr-50 and sa-6 use the same chasis and this chasis is also used with a different road wheel and hull configuration as the 2s1 howitzer.

A

Aussie Digger

I wasn't getting snippy, I was just becoming interested in the discussion. That photo (in your last post) quite obviously is an M113 development. The original photo's are something else. If you still think it's easy to "add or remove" a road wheel from an armoured vehicle, I'll direct you to the Tenix defence website and you can see the details involved in stretching the M113 family of vehicles and adding a road wheel, it is neither easy nor simple.

That photo (K-200) is a "family of vehicles" web page, this could mean anything the manufacturer decides. It doesn't mean that "every" vehicle in this family was developed from the same base vehicle. For starters as I pointed out before, look at the obvious differences in the photos. The SPG has more road wheels, difference suspension and running gear, a longer, wider hull, that is shaped completely differently and would no doubt have a different or at least much more powerful engine, gearbox and final drive combination.

Almost every visible component of the SPG is different, from the Roadwheels, to where the driver sits is completely different on the 2 vehicles, (as you would expect) to the APC. At what point then do you start calling it a different vehicle?

Here are pics of the 2 vehicles side on. Judge for yourself and look at the points I've outlined.

[TR]AHMET

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
different thinks different knowledge :roll

it s nice...

TR: Farklı Bilgiler öğrendiğim iyi oldu Eyvallah...