Towed M167 Vulcan

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member

One of the cleanest models and pictures. Good stuff Charlie! :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: M167 vulcan Tow

thank you kindly. It took some time to find a pic of that model on the net. I came across it by chance. I only had one pic to work from. The ammunition box is slightly of the original model. Since I just had one pic to work from I just improvise. Now I know how the original looks like because I manged to find more pics of it. Well, I'm still satisfied with the look.:)

Pendekar

charles king said:
thank you kindly. It took some time to find a pic of that model on the net. I came across it by chance. I only had one pic to work from. The ammunition box is slightly of the original model. Since I just had one pic to work from I just improvise. Now I know how the original looks like because I manged to find more pics of it. Well, I'm still satisfied with the look.:)
From the sound of it, i thought it was M113 Vulcan equip with TOW anti tank Missile. i guess u should put " Towed M167 Vulcan"

My bad.:) Thanks guys. There are more pics of some of my other models on the Defencetalk main site, check it out. They are under models. The newer pics with the 'webmaster's' signia, are mine. Check out the LVS traktor and the CIWS. I think you guys will like that one.

Last edited:

Red aRRow

Forum Bouncer

Good work again Charles. I didn't even know this equipment even existed. Does anyone know about how this gatling is used?? is it for anti aircraft duties or for fire support for infantry??

A

Aussie Digger

Red arrow, the M167 Vulcan was used to provide AAA fire support for US ground forces. It also had a secondary capability to provide direct fire support for US ground troops, being afterall a 20mm Cannon with an extremely high rate of fire... I'm fairly sure it has been replaced in service by units like the Avenger, and Bradley "Linebacker" type vehicles. Vehicles equipped with Stinger SAM's and 25mm cannons or multi-barrel 0.50cal machine guns...