The Building of a Patriot Launcher

When I first started this project I had only decided to do the Launcher part of the complete model. The concept was to do a Stand-Alone model of just the launcher part of the whole thing. Then during the building process I got more and more interested in how this part would look on the complete model. Now after contemplating it I decided this would be part of a two-part project with the trailer being included.

Deciding on the scale was a little tough because I did not have any measurements of the system. The only thing I had to go by was a drawing of the missile cannister. I took these measurements and scaled them down to various sizes, so it would be easy for me to make a choice. I had narrowed my choices down to 1 /35 and 1 /32 scale. So with the help of the few measurements that I got off the Internet and using, once again, common 'deductive scaling' ( a new term I made up. the term is similiar to 'deductive reasoning'), I decided on a scale closer to 1/32.

The model is not 100% exact to scale, as my deductive scaling is not a hundred percent accurate. Close, but not exact. This is what happens when one does not have access to true measurements. One has to improvise like most of you do.

Anyhow, let me present you all with stage 2 of this two-part project build. Hopefully, the first part will be built in the near future. So far the launcher is 98% finished. I still have the cannister to build and to add some decals, cables, touch-ups, etc.

For those of you who have asked many times for a WIP ( Work In Progress) shots of many of my other builds but did not get to see any; I managed to take a series of shots of the building process of this recent build.

If you are interested then check them out here:

The Patriot Launcher WIP

Since the launcher itself normally sits on the trailer I had to display it in another fashion. So I built a base almost similiar to the one on the trailer. I think the base adds a little 'JAZZ' to the whole model. Thanks for viewing.

Here hare some additional photos of the cannister build in progress:

Well, the front blast panel is done:

The Rear blast panel is also done:

The overall look. I just have the mounting pins and locking mechanism to do before the canister is completed. When this is done I'll make another one as this one will be on it's own display mount. The second one I will mount on the launcher.

Here are some ference pics for comparison:

The canister:

The launcher mount:

The real thing:

Mine version:

Here is the complete Canister:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Just added more cables to the launcher. Continuing to add more details:

Just finish painting the canister. Now I have a little problem. Any suggestions on how to make the markings seen on the side of the canisters? Like the forklift and center of gravity warnings? Also arrows showing thr points.

WAR

Patriot Missile/ Launcher??

How many countries in the world minus USA and Israel posses Patriot missile/ Launcher???

Any statistics available?

rickshaw

Defense Professional
Verified Defense Pro
Just finish painting the canister. Now I have a little problem. Any suggestions on how to make the markings seen on the side of the canisters? Like the forklift and center of gravity warnings? Also arrows showing thr points.
There is decal printing paper available for use with inkjet printers using standard PC software. I'd recommend doing a google search on that, there are quite a few webpages around which talk about methods/means.

Very nice models BTW.