Su-30 Mk-ii Arrives In Venezuela

charly307

Is MKii an official designation ? for the MKI's of the Indian Airforce are called so because the I signifies 'India'.
The offficial designation is SU-30MK2V

Russia delivered another 2 Su-30MK2V to Venezuela so they have 4 already in service. They are expecting another 10-12 this year and the rest in 2008

eckherl

The Bunker Group
Verified Defense Pro
They are very fast. maybe political but i think the main issue is here not military needs. signal for USA?
Yep - that is our signal, does anybody know what they are going to do with the F-16s that they have.

falconlover81

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yep - that is our signal, does anybody know what they are going to do with the F-16s that they have.
Not exactly eckherl but I read somewhere on the net that Hugo Chavez is trying to sell the F-16's to "potential customers" like Iran and China although I can't guarantee you the truth associated with this news.

merocaine

Quote:
Originally Posted by eckherl

Not exactly eckherl but I read somewhere on the net that Hugo Chavez is trying to sell the F-16's to "potential customers" like Iran and China although I can't guarantee you the truth associated with this news.

I heard a theory, Chavez felt that the US trained F16 pilots were to close to the americans, and were politically unrelaible. The new jets are going to require new pilots, politically tied to the Chavez regime. The same idea is behind the creation and arming of the peoples militas, he doesent quite trust the military not to attempt a coup. He is trying to build a military base that owes everything to him.
I expect the F16s will be phased out of active use and sold, as soon as its expedient.
That dude is definatly starting to exhibit tinpot dictator tendencys!
Nice jet all the same though.

ROCK45

Flankers

falconlover81 thanks for the pictures very nice looking fighters. I thought more were delivered already I had no idea such a small amount of fighters were turned over. If I have the right information weren't the first two delivered in 2006? Is Russian behind on their deliveries?

eckherl not a lot they can do really soon more and more of them will be grounded. I don't think there's a big need on Venezuela's part to sell or move them nor is there a rush by outside buyers to buy them. Plenty of places to get used Viper without the Chavez baggage attached to them that's for sure.

momo

Hi just wanted to show a picture.....

please let me know if the pickture is too big to erase it..I'm trying to figure out how to make it smaller

Feanor

Super Moderator
Staff member
falconlover81 thanks for the pictures very nice looking fighters. I thought more were delivered already I had no idea such a small amount of fighters were turned over. If I have the right information weren't the first two delivered in 2006? Is Russian behind on their deliveries?

eckherl not a lot they can do really soon more and more of them will be grounded. I don't think there's a big need on Venezuela's part to sell or move them nor is there a rush by outside buyers to buy them. Plenty of places to get used Viper without the Chavez baggage attached to them that's for sure.
Look at the date of his post. This is necromancy.

Human Bass

They are very nice looking, but i think i remember reading that this nice shape has a quite substantial radar cross-section. Can anyone confirm this?

nevidimka

WHOA!.. a sexy gal in a sexy plane!.. what are the odds? j/k :D

anyways, what are the difference between Su 30 MKV and Su 30 MKV2?

dragonfire

WHOA!.. a sexy gal in a sexy plane!.. what are the odds? j/k :D

anyways, what are the difference between Su 30 MKV and Su 30 MKV2?
Su-30MKV is the export version for Venezuela. Su-30MK2 is a variant with upgraded electronics that are enabled support for anti-ship missiles

Probably MKV2 is Su-30MK2 for Venezuela :p: