Reuters: India tests supersonic Brahmos cruise missile

srirangan

Banned Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
There already is a naval version. The army version is a modification of the naval version.

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
PJ-10 BrahMos said:
will their be a naval version of the BrahMos
It already exists in the form of the Yakhont. If India and Russia have co-operated on the guidance system issues, then it's already made. The intent was always to have a naval version. The Yakhont is able to be fired from skimmers and subs.

adsH

gf0012-aust said:
PJ-10 BrahMos said:
will their be a naval version of the BrahMos
It already exists in the form of the Yakhont. If India and Russia have co-operated on the guidance system issues, then it's already made. The intent was always to have a naval version. The Yakhont is able to be fired from skimmers and subs.
hey GF are yeah trying to emphasize that ur from Australia lol good tatic !!

XEROX

NUCLEAR TIPPED BRAHMOS?

Are there any plans to develop the BrahMos cruise missile with a longer range and nuclear tipped characteristics?

This surly would enhance the Indian offensive armament :cop

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
PJ-10 BrahMos said:
I guess you are partial to some Fosters then, hey gj0012 :alian2
Nah, I'm not a beer drinker... Fosters don't make much money out of me.. ;)

XEROX

When I’m talking about naval BrahMos, I mean can it be incorporated into our ATV or Akula subs

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
Deltared075 said:
very fast but the range too short.
Try telling that to a skimmer driver within 300km of a launch - and without a decent ADS system designed to tackle supersonics.

Pucker up and pray. ;)

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
PJ-10 BrahMos said:
what about the NATO code-name SS-N-22 "Sunburn"
It's also an effective missile, but there are counters for it. These missiles (in general) are deadly for any OPFOR without a decent ADS and EW system.

XEROX

The tomahawk is about $1million dollars per missile, how much is the BrahMos and Israeli cruise missile(dellia GL)