Republic of Korea AF (ROKAF)

Sandhi Yudha

The crash came as the airforce has been working on a plan to decommission the aging fleets of F-4s and F-5s this decade.

The South-Korean airforce still has around 150 F-5Es in its fleet, but it should be easily able to replace them with the FA-50.

Ananda

The Bunker Group
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
20220922094337.jpg

Got this from Bemil Chosun on recent Korean DX. KAI shown concept for KF-21N, which basically KF-21 with Catobar or Stobar capabilities. I know media already talk on present ROK administration less enthusiats on funding CVX.

However with KAI still shown the concept, I suspect the notion for CVX still there. Moreover unlike the Japanese aproach with this KF-21N, they are not just looking for SVTOL carrier with F-35B. It is more on the area of what China and India developing for their carrier force concepts.

I suspect this can be indication that ROKN thinking of their CVX more to compatebility size with Indian Indigenous carrier Vikrant. Thus 40K class of potential 30 aircraft of Stobar or Catobar configuration.

Lets see how this is going to develop.

Add:

Link to some compilation photos of Korean DX from Bemil Chosun.

From Naval News:

Last edited:

ngatimozart

Super Moderator
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
Got this from Bemil Chosun on recent Korean DX. KAI shown concept for KF-21N, which basically KF-21 with Catobar or Stobar capabilities. I know media already talk on present ROK administration less enthusiats on funding CVX.

However with KAI still shown the concept, I suspect the notion for CVX still there. Moreover unlike the Japanese aproach with this KF-21N, they are not just looking for SVTOL carrier with F-35B. It is more on the area of what China and India developing for their carrier force concepts.

I suspect this can be indication that ROKN thinking of their CVX more to compatebility size with Indian Indigenous carrier Vikrant. Thus 40K class of potential 30 aircraft of Stobar or Catobar configuration.

Lets see how this is going to develop.
The KF-21 is looking more interesting as time goes by. I think that KAI and DAPA may have really thought this one through. However we will have to wait to see if this is so.

John Fedup

The Bunker Group
A larger carrier option seems likely if the KF-21N becomes a reality. A CATOBAR design allows other useful aircraft into the mix (Hawkeye, maybe F-35C if stealth is deemed necessary).