Problem with post chronology in the database!

orko_8

Problem

http://www.defencetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=75426#post75426

My post appeared in the middle of the thread, being message #3 and moving the original #3 to #4. My later two attempts resulted similarly, being #4 and #5 respectively.

By the way, I use GMT +2, which means right now it is 0105 in Istanbul but forum says I have last visited 1 minuted ago, 0517AM! :confused: I think there is a problem with either my or forum settings.

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
Whoops! The server time zone was changed to Europe/London. It maybe related to that... I will research on it.

Any error messages when uploading attachments?

We will be upgrading to latest forum software in coming days so that will fix most of the issues.

Thanks for the headsup!

Whiskyjack

Honorary Moderator / Defense Professional / Analys
Verified Defense Pro
orko_8 said:
http://www.defencetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=75426#post75426

My post appeared in the middle of the thread, being message #3 and moving the original #3 to #4. My later two attempts resulted similarly, being #4 and #5 respectively.

By the way, I use GMT +2, which means right now it is 0105 in Istanbul but forum says I have last visited 1 minuted ago, 0517AM! :confused: I think there is a problem with either my or forum settings.
I have noticed the same thing, everything seems to have moved backwards.

Grand Danois

Entertainer
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Nope. I just "may not" post attachments. However, it may be only in this forum...

Yup. The "manage attachments" button does not appear in this part of the forum.

------------------------------

Alright, here is another one. When clicking the"You have xx unread posts" this is the response:

"This forum requires that you wait 30 seconds between searches. Please try again in 35845 seconds."

That is some test of patience. :D

Last edited:

boldeagle

Posting times

Personally, I had not noticed how the "posting time" was running, but the obvious server setting (considering that all the forums are posted to by correspondents from around the world...including from some nations with whose flags I am unfamiliar: is it possible to have the server note, in English, the nation if one moves one's cursor over the flag?) is to post all times in GMT or "Zulu" Time (i.e.: "London" Time), which is virtually a military staple all over the planet.

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
boldeagle said:
Personally, I had not noticed how the "posting time" was running, but the obvious server setting (considering that all the forums are posted to by correspondents from around the world...including from some nations with whose flags I am unfamiliar: is it possible to have the server note, in English, the nation if one moves one's cursor over the flag?) is to post all times in GMT or "Zulu" Time (i.e.: "London" Time), which is virtually a military staple all over the planet.
That is already the case. If you move your cursor over the flag, it does give you name of the the country the user is from.

boldeagle

Hate to have to tell you this...

Hate to have to tell you this, chief, but the flag ID feature does NOT work when I try to get the information. I am using an Apple Macintosh running OSX.2.8 ("Jaguar")...

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
The only reason I can think of why it is not working is the fact that you are using a Mac, sorry. :(

Tried it on PC?

Ozzy Blizzard

Hey Webbie, is there something wrong with the server? I'm getting timed out messages when i try to acsess new posts or change pages, or it takes ages. Then sometimes its quick. Its not my end, my internet's running tip top. Whats going on????:confused:

oh yeah how do i upload an avitar???

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
Hey Webbie, is there something wrong with the server? I'm getting timed out messages when i try to acsess new posts or change pages, or it takes ages. Then sometimes its quick. Its not my end, my internet's running tip top. Whats going on????:confused:

oh yeah how do i upload an avitar???
I am investigating this for past few days... should have an update soon!

http://www.defencetalk.com/forums/usercp.php < the avatar link on the left sidebar.