Posts: 81 Is the experiment to find water on mars by NASA is most idiotic one

Status
Not open for further replies.

ds1

:dance Is the experiment to find water on Mars by NASA is most idiotic experiment ever conducted by mankind.

I mean, spacecraft send to Mars use hydrocarbons or hydrogen as fuel; this fuels byproduct is water. So there is a greater chance that after some exploration if NASA find traces of water on Mars that could be from the space craft itself( as the byproduct of fuel combustion is water)

Every Hydrocarbon , hydrogen, H2O2, even ammonia as fuel produces water vapor as exhaust

Dragoon95

Banned Member
:dance Is the experiment to find water on Mars by NASA is most idiotic experiment ever conducted by mankind.

I mean, spacecraft send to Mars use hydrocarbons or hydrogen as fuel; this fuels byproduct is water. So there is a greater chance that after some exploration if NASA find traces of water on Mars that could be from the space craft itself( as the byproduct of fuel combustion is water)

Every Hydrocarbon , hydrogen, H2O2, even ammonia as fuel produces water vapor as exhaust
It's NASA. They are a massive bunch of braniacs. It's probably the biggest collection of smart people all working on the same project. I think they would realise if they found this water that it was from their own machine. Anyway, Mars is a lot colder than Earth (A lot) so the water they find will be frozen. Old frozen water will look different in nature and compostion to freshly frozen water.

ds1

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
It's NASA. They are a massive bunch of braniacs. It's probably the biggest collection of smart people all working on the same project. I think they would realise if they found this water that it was from their own machine. Anyway, Mars is a lot colder than Earth (A lot) so the water they find will be frozen. Old frozen water will look different in nature and compostion to freshly frozen water.
why bring water to mars and search for water? they could have invented any other fuel, like ion thrusters? They spend millions of dollars to invent a pen that can be used in space?

I think they never realized this problem, I searched thousands of sites and papers none mentions this problem. :rolleyes:

Bonza

Super Moderator
Staff member
why bring water to mars and search for water? they could have invented any other fuel, like ion thrusters? They spend millions of dollars to invent a pen that can be used in space?

I think they never realized this problem, I searched thousands of sites and papers none mentions this problem. :rolleyes:
Have you considered that it may not be a problem if it isn't mentioned anywhere by anyone? If you truly have searched "thousands of sites and papers" (which you probably haven't) and NO ONE mentions any issues, perhaps your own preconceptions about how the technology works are to be questioned equally if not more so than those of the engineers designing the technology?

ds1

Lets put this problem in another way. A gold thief tries to rob your house, by bringing gold coins and throwing it in your house and then search for your gold. Funniest part is that you are saying that thief is the smartest one because he can recognize his own gold coins.

ds1

Admitting own mistakes and correcting those are the nature of intelligence. human history proves it. Denying that is rudeness or stubbornness or I will spend millions of dollars to invent a new word to describe those "smartest idiots"

Lots of water already exists as ice in the ice caps on Mars so my question is not valid. But what about trace amounts of water vapor exist in the atmosphere of Mars those could be from engines.

My question is not limited to Mars, It is valid to all future explorations to other planets

tonnyc

Is there a specific event/experiment that he's talking about or is this just one of those anti-NASA screed? Either way, does it even belong in this forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.